Emby No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it + other problems

snowypete

snowypete

G'day Guys,

I was having some trouble re-installing Emby on my QNAP TS-453 Pro, managed to solve it after some mucking around and thought I'd let others know a work around if they get the same problem, as I didn't see much on the topic.

I've had Emby running on the QNAP for a few months now (been trying to get my head around both Emby and Plex - Plex seems to be more trouble than it's worth on the backend). Haven't really had much difficulty with Emby - it's worked pretty well from day dot.

The headache all started when I renamed some folders on the server and wanted to point Emby to them. Emby just won't delete the category (I had a Movies, Music, Music Videos, TV category etc). I wanted to delete the TV category. It's got a button to do it, but every time you press it, it still won't delete the category or any directories associated with it even though it said it has.

So my solution was to uninstall emby, throw the latest emby on and everything should be sweet. Not the case.

(And this is most likely a problem with QNAP). As my internet is bandwidth limited (end of the month), QNAP App Center refuses to load any mention of installed apps. Just times out with a limited connection. Will not show the All Apps links. So downloading Emby through QNAP App center was a no go.

Downloaded the latest emby http://www.positiv-it.fr/QNAP/APP/Emby_3.0.5971.0_x86.qpkg.zip, installed and launched Emby only to get No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <local address>:<port>"

Tried uninstalling Emby and reinstalling. Still same error. Tried rebooting in between. Same error.

After reading a few posts on the web, it seems QMono's the culprit. I uninstalled it, rebooted QNAP, installed the latest QMono (4.2.1.0) (I'm sure this is the version that was there before as well). Rebooted. Downloaded Emby through App Centre (3.0.5930.0) and Emby's now ready for setup again.

Bit of a long way around and maybe not the most glamorous way to get it working but it is working again. 

Hope this helps

Pete

Hi, thanks for the report! So 3.0.5930 is available in the Qnap web interface?

snowypete

Hi, thanks for the report! So 3.0.5930 is available in the Qnap web interface?

Yep, that's what will be downloaded and installed. Bit weary of trying to install the latest after all the probs! This ones working, so I'll leave it.

But also had a crack at the Emby /Kodi plugin (never really been happy using Kodi on an android box), so went back and loaded the latest kodi and also the Emby plugin. Couldn't believe how easy it was to get up and running! Just put the user in, found the server no worries and started sync'ing. Just pointed it and it did the rest. Installed the plugin on the server as well (just have to reboot after library scan).

I've got a fairly large library and not sure whats going on but I did notice Kodi's been dying when syncing after a while (could be android or Kodi or Emby add-on). I'd bank on android being the culprit, kodi's not the only app that spits the dummy on an android base. Have to keep an eye on it and check the logs. But everything's being displayed as it should (titles and covers etc), videos playing back. So generally happy with it at the moment.

Cheers

Pete