Deleting Media from Kodi

bmcclure937

bmcclure937

All - I currently have my FreeNAS running Emby Media Server. I have the permissions set so Kodi only has read access to my media shares.

Does anyone use the functionality within Kodi so you can delete media from your server via the context menu? I am considering changing my permissions to the media share to Emby is able to delete media items.

I was just curious to hear how others used this functionality. The only way I can currently delete media is either mapping the SMB share to my PC with an authenticated user or logging in via SSH and removing files.

Thanks

xnappo

Sure, I use it all the time as I use Kodi as a DVR of sorts and don't keep all my TV.  I also use the 'Offer delete on playback end' for TV.

Works fine - but I set my movies folder to read only, and I also use nightly backups rather than RAID.

bmcclure937

Awesome - I will have to give this a try and play around more with these options. I was not aware that Emby could prompt to delete when playback finished. 

xnappo

Awesome - I will have to give this a try and play around more with these options. I was not aware that Emby could prompt to delete when playback finished. 

It is in the addon settings...