Bug - GENRES and NETWORKS tabs not respecting Library context

anderbytes

I don't have beta, but the latest dev.

I got three movie libraries: Kids, Movies, Adult and I'm referring to the website served by the core server:

"Continue Watching" and "Latest Movies" are separated correctly for each library.

But when I scroll down further on the "Suggestions" page of the "Kids" library, it shows rows like "Because you watched...." containing titles from the Adult library like 'Santa getting claused', 'Jingle my Bells', 'Uncle Dick having a hard time', 'Big bang needs no theory', ...

(it seems that those titles are selected by some kind of "recently watched" condition)

Anyway, no separation is applied here. And that's not only relevant  for the worst-case scenario I'm describing here: When I'm browsing my movies library I don't want to see suggestions based on the movies that my child has watched recently. Avoiding that kind of mashup is the actual point in working with separate libraries.

There's one more observation I made, it's a bit tricky: When you open the details view for a movie, there's a "More Like This" section. In most cases it's showing items from the current library, but not in all cases: It seems that items from the current library are preferred and sorted to the top, but sometimes, when there are not enough matching items from the current library, that section also shows items from a different library.. (=> once again, adult content could be displayed in the wrong context)

Koleckai Silvestri

That makes no sense then, why give the user the ability to separate libraries if you can not display everything separately?

Exactly. Libraries serve little purpose in Emby anymore. When I am looking at a Library, that is all I want to see. I want genres from that specific library. I suggestions from that specific Library. I want collections from that specific Library. If I want libraries combined in some way, I'll use Views to do that.

What I don't want is Warner Bros. Animation showing up in my Disney Animation Library under any circumstances.

Happy2Play

As stated above the problem lies with "More" in beta.

Initial entry "Kids Movies" genre is fine. 

58373eb8e87ec_genre1.jpg

After clicking Action "More" in Kids Movies you get All content type movies Action genre.

58373effa023d_genre2.jpg

Happy2Play

Progress, Genre's respecting libraries after selecting more (Beta 3.1.236.0).

5838ed86ab586_genre2.jpg

anderbytes

YEEEESSS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

@@Luke, I installed Beta just to test this. And it is F***** PERFECT!

Now... do you think you can do this with Studios/Networks, too? (Restricting to view only inside the current Library, not the horizontal separations)

Edited by anderbytes

Happy2Play

Getting there, I can get Studios/Networks to honor the manual addition of "&parentId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1