View Settings - Sort by Year Question

scotsman

scotsman

In my James Bond folder, I want to order them by year, so they appear in the correct order, oldest to newest. But choosing Settings > Sort > By Year, sorts them from newest to oldest. Is there a way to swap this so it lists from oldest to newest?

porkbone

Easiest way I found for my James Bond collection was to go into the web gui, open the Metadata Manager then expand Movies (or wherever you have the collection located).  Expand the James Bond collection so you can see all the movies listed and change the sort name order in the metadata.  Example:  Dr. No  would be sorted as  James Bond 01   From Russia with love  would be James Bond 02  etc... 

Don't forget to hit Save after adding the changes!

In the main config pages of MBC there is an option to sort by year in ascending order.  Select that.

scotsman

Easiest way I found for my James Bond collection was to go into the web gui, open the Metadata Manager then expand Movies (or wherever you have the collection located).  Expand the James Bond collection so you can see all the movies listed and change the sort name order in the metadata.  Example:  Dr. No  would be sorted as  James Bond 01   From Russia with love  would be James Bond 02  etc... 

Don't forget to hit Save after adding the changes!

Ah yes, that's an option. Not the neatest, but it will work. Thanks :)

In the main config pages of MBC there is an option to sort by year in ascending order.  Select that.

So that's just an option to change the "By Year" view setting to ascending? it doesn't actually change the view itself? I just don't want it to apply to every folder, just the Bond collection.

• Like 1

So that's just an option to change the "By Year" view setting to ascending? it doesn't actually change the view itself? I just don't want it to apply to every folder, just the Bond collection.

Yes, it changes all sort by year results.  This is an option that was implemented quite a while ago in MB2 and it was done globally.

Logos302

maybe box set should be treated differently, as it really doesn't make sense for them to be alphabetically.  but maybe that is just me.

Edited by Logos302