Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format

Fratopolis

Fratopolis

So this feature is really nice. It helps playback start immediately.

I am going to setup my mother and aunt on this for live TV but it poses one issue which keeps me from having them buy the lifetime. CPU power.

Is there any change to integrate a feature for selecting quality on convert on the fly to a lower resolution so ffmpeg does not eat so much CPU power. Or is this a setting that can be changed in a file somewhere?

• Like 1

Hi, welcome, and thanks!

There are currently no settings to control recording quality, what it tries to do is match the quality of the source as closely as possible. But adding a quality option is definitely a great idea for a future release.

Fratopolis

Yeah thats what I was thinking. It would just pass a command argument with every recording to ffmpeg for resolution.

It would help anyone with lower end PC's. Like my mom and aunts. If it's an easy to do then there's $200 for ya. Small potatoes I know but hopefully others would benifit making those 200 potatoes grow.  LMAO

ALSO do you ever sleep? You reply immediately almost always. Let me guess you cloned yourself like multiplicity!

Edited by Fratopolis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks. It's definitely something we can do for a future release.