Missing channel icons after update to 3.0.5972.0

inzombyac
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

inzombyac

After the latest update to 3.0.5972.0 all of my channel icons are missing. I did a guide refresh and I see several reports like the ones below.  I validated that the url used in the get command does return an image in the browser.  Seems like there is a server side issue.  I can provide a complete log if it helps.

2016-05-26 10:03:35.0994 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://127.0.0.1:9180/serverwmc/GetFile?fileName=metv_b.png
2016-05-26 10:03:35.1004 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5972.0
	Command line: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	System.NullReferenceException
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ImageSaver.GetStandardSavePath(IHasImages item, ImageType type, Nullable`1 imageIndex, String mimeType, Boolean saveLocally)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ImageSaver.GetSavePaths(IHasImages item, ImageType type, Nullable`1 imageIndex, String mimeType, Boolean saveLocally)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ImageSaver.<SaveImage>d__0.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.<SaveImage>d__a.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<ConvertImageToLocal>d__140.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.<ProcessImage>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.<GetImageResult>d__f.MoveNext()

• 1 month later...
inzombyac

Update: This is still an issue.  I have attached the server log.  It seems like there are other users having the same problem:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36271-live-tv-thumbnails/

I tried manually applying the logos last month, but they were cleared somehow.  As long as the manual logos stay, I may go with that route

Log.txt

• Solution

The issue is limited to when you change the hidden config switch ImageSavingConvention to Legacy. I have not had a chance to look into that. Try changing it back to Compatible

• Like 1

inzombyac

Was that ever a setting in the GUI?  I've never changed any hidden config files so I am not sure how that was set.  I changed it and restarted.  I had to wait a long time for a library scan to complete and then I refreshed the guide.  It had no effect.  I then manually deleted the guide image that was broken and tried a guide refresh again.  It worked after the deletion.  I went through the rest of the channels and delete those (painfully) but now everything works.  Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.