Cant find file after Sync

Jeffpyn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jeffpyn

Hi,

New to Emby and trying out the sync feature using my Samsung S6.  I sync'ed an episode of a series to my phone, the emby app reports the episode sync'ed, I go to the directory: device storage/movies/SeriesName (created by the emby app) and the directory is empty. I cant find the file anywhere on the device,

Next I looked for the the log file on my phone and was unable to locate the logfile (searched device storage for emby)

I was using the default samsung my files app to search

The only success I had was finding the server logfile ... go me 

any help would be appreciated 

server-63599808671.txt

• Solution

Hi, welcome. Some of the paths changed recently with the move to supporting android 6.0. I have updated the wiki post with the new logging path that is used by the latest version:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/15638-how-to-report-an-android-problem/

The default sync path is actually in the same place, there should be a sync folder next to the logs folder. Can you take a look? If you still can't find them, then please try syncing a new file again, then provide both the app log and the server log. Thanks!

• Like 1

Jeffpyn

Luke,

Thanks , that did the trick, the sync folder and log fiile were located /android/data/com.mb.android/files