#1 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 AM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

Hi,

about half a year ago I submitted an implementation for manual movie organization through the auto-organize feature (https://github.com/M.../Emby/pull/1202).

As of today, I'm still clueless about when this feature will actually be included (or if it will be included at all).

I don't mean to criticise the prioritization of features as I'm unable to estimate user interest for this feature.

It's just that I need it for my personal use, and that's why I wrapped this functionality into a PlugIn.

To install, simply copy the dll file to Emby's plugin folder and restart Emby:

Latest version: https://github.com/s...ses/tag/MOBeta6

Edited by softworkz, 23 November 2016 - 09:58 PM.

• Luke, CBers, daedalus and 6 others like this

#2 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

Here's how Emby does Auto-Organize by default:

• Auto-Organize is meant to automatically process incoming series episodes being saved to a certain watch folder
  • If an incoming file couldn't be identified automatically, it will show up as red entry in the "Auto-Organize Log"
  • Clicking the folder button next to such entry, will bring up the correction dialog, which allows matching an episode to the correct series.

57465efd918f8_Correction1.jpg

The MovieOrganizer PlugIn extends this dialog:

5746607db6e7a_Correction2.jpg

Now you are also able to organize an incoming file as Movie and have it copied/moved to the selected library folder automatically.

• CBers, CashMoney and Baenwort like this

#3 danergo OFFLINE  

danergo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:23 AM

softworkz, this is great! Thank you!

• softworkz likes this

#4 jibenito OFFLINE  

jibenito

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:59 AM

It works great!!!

Now we have to be able to change the file name as we do in tv series

• daedalus, CashMoney and softworkz like this

#5 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46989 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

With our new handling of recorded TV basically doing this same thing, what is the source of an incoming movie file for which this would now be used...?  External TV providers maybe?

#6 Vidman OFFLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2662 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

With our new handling of recorded TV basically doing this same thing, what is the source of an incoming movie file for which this would now be used...? External TV providers maybe?

I think you can probably guess your own answer to this question;)

#7 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46989 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:32 AM

I think you can probably guess your own answer to this question;)

Well, no, I actually can't.  If you are ripping from physical media, you know what it is and put it in an appropriate folder.  If you are "acquiring" it via something like CP, then that program knows what it is and, again, puts it in an appropriately named folder in the proper spot.

So, the only source for this I can think of would be recorded TV...

• CBers likes this

#8 Vidman OFFLINE  

Vidman

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2662 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 AM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

Well, no, I actually can't. If you are ripping from physical media, you know what it is and put it in an appropriate folder. If you are "acquiring" it via something like CP, then that program knows what it is and, again, puts it in an appropriately named folder in the proper spot.

CP is not the only software for 'acquiring ' movies

#9 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

With our new handling of recorded TV basically doing this same thing, what is the source of an incoming movie file for which this would now be used...?  External TV providers maybe?

The same question can be asked for the "normal" Auto-Organize (handling series episodes only)... - what is the source of these incoming episodes? Why does Emby have that auto-organize feature at all?

IMO such questions are pointless. There are lots of possible scenarios and "external TV providers" is one of them of course...

#10 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46989 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:54 AM

The same question can be asked for the "normal" Auto-Organize (handling series episodes only)... - what is the source of these incoming episodes? Why does Emby have that auto-organize feature at all?

Well, that's why I asked it because, once we have the integrated recorded TV for all TV providers, that will no longer be needed so much either.

My question isn't to ferret out bad behavior.  It is to understand just exactly how useful these features will be given the direction we're going with recorded TV.

#11 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Well, that's why I asked it because, once we have the integrated recorded TV for all TV providers, that will no longer be needed so much either.

How do you come to this conclusion? This sounds as if there hasn't been any use for MediaBrowser during the past years, before it had got some live TV features..

In the past, I have always separated Emby content from RecordedTV (using Emby for WMC), and I'm not planning to change that. 

I am using Emby this way:

• Emby contains high-quality versions of movies and series
  • WMC RecordedTV contains daily recordings of low to medium quality (even HD channels from PayTV are of inferior quality compared to BlueRay streams).
    Even if I would switch to use Emby for live TV and TV recordings: I wouldn't want to pollute my library with all those daily recordings

Other users may have much different scenarios. But I think there will always be users integrating content which does NOT come from RecordedTV (just the way MediaBrowser had always been used).

#12 maximus1 OFFLINE  

maximus1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:25 PM

Well, no, I actually can't.  If you are ripping from physical media, you know what it is and put it in an appropriate folder.  If you are "acquiring" it via something like CP, then that program knows what it is and, again, puts it in an appropriately named folder in the proper spot.

nzb downloads often have names your auto organize canĀ“t handle. 

it is better to let the user decide what implementation of a function works better.

#13 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12276 posts
  • Local time: 06:33 PM

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

I completely understand where ebr is coming from, on this. Now that we can select where we record any data, it's redundant. I actually want an option to disable auto-organize so I don't have to set it to watch an empty folder. Anything I 'acquire' I can save directly in the correct folder. If renaming is required, I use media center master, as that will rename, clean up the folder and create nfo files, without moving anything. If auto-organize can do the same, that would be useful.

Edited by Doofus, 26 May 2016 - 11:39 PM.

• jasonmcroy likes this

#14 danergo OFFLINE  

danergo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

@softworkz:

could you help me to use this plugin on Linux?
I've built emby-master with xbuild. I guess I need to build also this plugin manually.

• which version of emby-master is suitable (it might also need to be recompiled)?
  • how can I compile this plugin with mono (xbuild)? It has now failed with ~200 errors at my side. Could you provide some information regarding folder layout, what needs to be where?

Note: If I copy the dll itself into emby's dir, it's simply not working.

Thank you!

danergo

Edited by danergo, 27 May 2016 - 08:39 AM.

#15 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

@danergo:

The plugin will need the latest dev build!

Please try again with that..

#16 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

I completely understand where ebr is coming from, on this. Now that we can select where we record any data, it's redundant. I actually want an option to disable auto-organize so I don't have to set it to watch an empty folder. Anything I 'acquire' I can save directly in the correct folder. If renaming is required, I use media center master, as that will rename, clean up the folder and create nfo files, without moving anything. If auto-organize can do the same, that would be useful.

It is easy to disable: Just go to "Scheduled Tasks" and remove the task trigger for "Organize new media files"

#17 danergo OFFLINE  

danergo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:39 PM

Thank you, I'll try with that one.

However, what should be the directury structure?

I have the plugin src which contains a lot of "MediaBrowser.Plugins.*" dirs.

Do I need to copy the emby-dev folder next to these directories? or it needs to be at the same level as the Emby.Plugins-MOBeta1? In this case, which name is suitable? emby-dev or emby.dev?

Thanks in advance!

@danergo:

The plugin will need the latest dev build!

Please try again with that..

#18 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138047 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

There's no need to mess with the scheduled task. Just don't put anything in your watch folder and problem solved, or remove your watch folder.

#19 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1783 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

However, what should be the directury structure?

I have the plugin src which contains a lot of "MediaBrowser.Plugins.*" dirs.

Do I need to copy the emby-dev folder next to these directories? or it needs to be at the same level as the Emby.Plugins-MOBeta1? In this case, which name is suitable? emby-dev or emby.dev?

Maybe @Luke can give you some hints on compiling for Linux?

#20 Renegade334 OFFLINE  

Renegade334

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

I recently added my old saved movies to emby. We are talking about 4TB of mixed quality, mixed naming, mixed everything :D

I am nearly done identifying all movies in emby. Now I search for a solution to rename my files so they are 100% recognizable.

If I were to change the folder structure or move to another server most of my files would not be scraped properly.

Can your plugin rename files based on the info I put into the emby database, or do I have to go through every movie again?

I would really like to find a solution that names all my files like [name].[year].[quality] or maybe even include IMDB identifier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugin, organize, autoorganize, movies, organization, movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users