Live/Recorded TV Feedback from recent convert

mvanzante

Ok. I'm going to look at redesigning the series recordings screens soon since they've fallen a little behind now.

• Like 3

DrPorkChop

I just want to let you guys know that I'm super impressed with this entire thread. I'm in the process of determining what platform to switch to from WMC and you guys have won me over. I'm so excited to see that many of the WMC features are being considered. It's not perfect, but it's what my family is used to and solving many of the problems that have been brought up here is a huge win.

One thing that would increase my ability to get my family converted would be to show in progress recordings somewhere. I haven't used emby yet, but it doesn't sound like this is one of the screens. So say I'm recording a show and want to start watching it prior to it being fully recorded. That's a big deal around here when you've got new episode of the bachelor.

Guest asrequested

One thing that would increase my ability to get my family converted would be to show in progress recordings somewhere. I haven't used emby yet, but it doesn't sound like this is one of the screens. So say I'm recording a show and want to start watching it prior to it being fully recorded. That's a big deal around here when you've got new episode of the bachelor.

A few of us have requested this. I think it is on the 'to-do' list.

Well the recordings tab has Active Recordings, they are just not playable yet.

Guest asrequested

Well the recordings tab has Active Recordings, they are just now playable yet.

Yep, had forgotten that, and it also shows in the guide, with a red dot.

Web browser

5771eae8715c9_Snapshot_132.jpg

Emby Theater

5771eaff38841_Snapshot_131.jpg

Edited by Doofus

• 3 weeks later...
farside847

Another vote for #6. Right now I can't find a way to record something that is not in the guide view. I would love to be able to search upcoming broadcasts for a show or movie that might be playing in the next few days.

Is there another way to accomplish this today that I overlooked? (Wouldn't be the first time I missed something ;)

pünktchen

Yes, keyword based recordings would be a great feature. Even most of the external tv solutions have this, but we cannot make use of it in Emby [emoji20]

Another vote for #6. Right now I can't find a way to record something that is not in the guide view. I would love to be able to search upcoming broadcasts for a show or movie that might be playing in the next few days.

Is there another way to accomplish this today that I overlooked? (Wouldn't be the first time I missed something ;)

Doesn't the general search accomplish this?  For instance, here are all the showings of "The Today Show" until 7/25:

57879d07a260e_searchprograms.png

farside847

Doesn't the general search accomplish this?  For instance, here are all the showings of "The Today Show" until 7/25:

Oh Cool! I didnt know this was integrated. Interesting though, the general search was only displaying the local library when I tested this yesterday. I will re-run the library scan, TV refresh, and clean and try again.

• 1 year later...
jin264

What ever happened to the request for "Do Not Record Already Viewed Episodes"? Is this possible? It would definitely take storing the recorded episodes for a show with a status. I'm new to Emby so not sure how the metadata is store but if there is a database a tool could be written to allow the admin to reset a status. And even though I increased the storage to my Emby server that will be gone after Labor Day and during New Years where they re-run all of the episodes for Twilight Zone, MASH, Honeymooners and more...

• Like 1

maegibbons

YES - This is sorely needed. I am still recording a lot of series JUST to capture the few episodes that i have not warched.

Daily routine is to delete all recordings with green ticks!!!

Would be nice if emby didnt schedule/record them in the first place.

+100

Krs

Mark

What ever happened to the request for "Do Not Record Already Viewed Episodes"? Is this possible? It would definitely take storing the recorded episodes for a show with a status. I'm new to Emby so not sure how the metadata is store but if there is a database a tool could be written to allow the admin to reset a status. And even though I increased the storage to my Emby server that will be gone after Labor Day and during New Years where they re-run all of the episodes for Twilight Zone, MASH, Honeymooners and more...

It is still there and works just fine, but depends on available information in guide data.

maegibbons

It is still there and works just fine, but depends on available information in guide data.

@@Luke

Are you saying there is already an option to do this?

I have not seen it.  Can you show me a screen shot of where it is?

All I see is the Option "Don't record episodes that are already in my library"

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

jin264

New to Emby and have not looked at the code but how is the view status/progress recorded? Is that data removed after the recording is deleted?

New to Emby and have not looked at the code but how is the view status/progress recorded? Is that data removed after the recording is deleted?

The data technically would still exist but nothing would be utilizing it.

maegibbons

Ok sorry I misread. We don't have one related to watched or not.

Thats what we would like to have.

Krs

Mark