Filter for keywords to increase automatic subtitle download accuracy

Ponyo

Ponyo

Hi,

From reading the forums I gather that Emby always downloads the first subtitle it finds for a certain show or movie. In my experience this means that the majority of subtitles Emby downloads are incorrect. This is especially true for tv shows and non English subtitles.

I would to request a feature to only download subtitles if a certain keyword is found in the filename to filter out subtitles that don’t match the source. E.g. only download subtitles if DVD is present in the filename.

This should increase accuracy to a near 100%, especially for tv shows, where accuracy is now around 0% for me.

If you want 100% accuracy then just enable the option to only download subtitles that are a perfect match, which is then driven by file hashing.

Ponyo

I got only download subtitles that are a perfect match turned on but most of the subtitles downloaded by Emby are incorrect.

Sent from my HTL23 using Tapatalk

then that's where the issue is and no filters are needed. I dont' think this is an emby problem but rather the subs just turned out to be unsuitable for you. We're filtering on a hash value that is unique to your video file. There's nothing more precise than that.

Ponyo

But it does require the hash to be there. Maybe not so much of a problem for English subtitles but I have a lot of incorrect or missing non English subtitles. However if I search with Emby for subtitles it does show a list of available subtitles, including the correct one.

I understand this isn't a problem caused by Emby but it is a problem that could be solved by Emby by allowing users to download subtitles based on keywords in the filename.