FR: Neo Theme - Update to make MB3 fully compatible

blumamba

blumamba

I hope this is in the right place?

I tried the new theme and like the enhancements but really don't like the layout of any of them.  The default is the best imo.  I use the Neo and think its the best for my needs.  I and many other mb2 folks would love to see this theme get the remaster treatment!  Keep in mind NOT to change the poster view, because I hate not being able to control the "info" on or off.  I like it left off due to once you click into the movie it displays it anyway!  Basically what I am saying is keep it the way it is just add the enhancements along with being able to support 3 studio icons and new (old) colorized icons (all).

Now with that said, I actually came up with the theme to rule them all.  I just don't have a clue where to start and have never did any type of "programing".  I did "screen shots" of everything that should be on the screen in an intuitive manor.  I also have detailed info on how the theme should interact and operate.  If there is a theme programmer who is interested in checking out one of these shots let me know.

Please update Neo however!

• Like 2

leedavies

I hope this is in the right place?

I tried the new theme and like the enhancements but really don't like the layout of any of them.  The default is the best imo.  I use the Neo and think its the best for my needs.  I and many other mb2 folks would love to see this theme get the remaster treatment!  Keep in mind NOT to change the poster view, because I hate not being able to control the "info" on or off.  I like it left off due to once you click into the movie it displays it anyway!  Basically what I am saying is keep it the way it is just add the enhancements along with being able to support 3 studio icons and new (old) colorized icons (all).

Now with that said, I actually came up with the theme to rule them all.  I just don't have a clue where to start and have never did any type of "programing".  I did "screen shots" of everything that should be on the screen in an intuitive manor.  I also have detailed info on how the theme should interact and operate.  If there is a theme programmer who is interested in checking out one of these shots let me know.

Please update Neo however!

@@blumamba - I'm interested in hearing more of your concept 

Edited by Abobader

blumamba

If you have a place I can send you one of the many screenshots in private I will do so.  I will disclose more about it then.  Thanks.

• Like 1

blumamba

last post was for leedavies.  I look forward to it soultaker.  Just please don't take out the option for full posters and to remove the info:)

blumamba

You do realize that he is the skinner or theme artist of "neo"?  So, if he believes is superior, why not take his word for it?

• Like 1

You do realize that he is the skinner or theme artist of "neo"? So, if he believes is superior, why not take his word for it?

It was meant to be in jest. I've been using Neo since its inception, so I'm quite aware its soultaker's theme...

Language barrier perhaps???

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Cheesegeezer

Hmmm..... I'm working on a new project, maybe once it's done you'll consider it superior to Neo.

I'm sure most will ST [] ;)

Cheesegeezer

You do realize that he is the skinner or theme artist of "neo"?  So, if he believes is superior, why not take his word for it?

I think artist is definately the right word!!

• Like 1

swhitmore

I think it would still be a great idea to get Neo up to speed regardless if there is a new theme coming. Choice is good for everyone right?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I think it would still be a great idea to get Neo up to speed regardless if there is a new theme coming. Choice is good for everyone right?

Do I detect a Neo fanboy here lol ;)

• Like 1

leedavies

If you have a place I can send you one of the many screenshots in private I will do so.  I will disclose more about it then.  Thanks.

You can PM me on here, but I'm sure the admins have the power to view content, regardless of whether they choose to use it. Alternatively, my email and Skype is leefdavies@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...
blumamba

I had to uninstall Neo due to it crashing the MBC.  I made the mistake of trying again to change the background color and it will not load the app.  An uninstall and reinstall (set settings again and leave it) works fine.  I now cant reinstall it.  I hope that it is a mistake?  Please get it back on the download list!  I need my Neo:)

Leedavies did not want to take a look at my theme idea.  If anyone could point me to soultaker himself, maybe he would like to look at it?

Thanks

swhitmore

If anyone could point me to soultaker himself, maybe he would like to look at it?

Thanks

@@Soultaker

Edited by swhitmore

blumamba

I did try it, but I still like the neo better.  Any word as to if it will be re added to the plug-ins?

I don't believe it was ever removed.  It just only was released as Beta and doesn't have any of the new MB3 features.

• 2 months later...
blumamba

I couldn't get it to load so I used my BU OS and made it work.  NBD as I make regular BU's!