"Next Up" not acting same as before last update

Tolerant

Tolerant

"Next Up" when watching TV Episodes is not allowing a "re-click" to update it, nor does it seem to update as seamlessly as it was before this Version 3.0.5970.0 update. If I want to update it, it is taking a browser refresh which then disconnects me from my remote play to to the Emby App. 

Otherwise, I am loving the speed and response time when loading the server now, things seem to be a LOT faster for me, no more circle spinning and spinning while waiting for the server to respond to display the library, favorites, content in general.

server-63599475289.txt

Thanks, it's something that can be improved in a future release. Glad you're enjoying the performance improvements.

Tolerant

Well it is kind of a problem that items that are watched are showing as watched (Green circle w/check mark) but not being removed from "NEXT UP" ... even after clicking "Home" and back to "Next Up"... That seems more like a bug then something that simply needs to be improved because it is not normal behavior. And also using the newest Version 3.0.5971.0 update and this is still an issue.

Edited by Tolerant

navigating a tab away and then back is not the way to handle that scenario though. i understand you've been doing that as a workaround, but it really should just be automatic after watching something or after changing a watch state. for instance if you try emby theater, it just refreshes the view automatically after you finish playing and highlights the next episode. so that's what's going to happen here as well.

Tolerant

Is there a way to request a "rush" on fixing the "next up" feature .. cause this is horrible. Every single episode I watch I have to refresh the page which then disconnects any remote client.. and the only way to see anything new and remove anything flagged as "watched" is to refresh the page now. .

..as for the performance upgrades I noticed.. they are back to circling the drain waiting on the server to show what is available again.. so sadly gotta take back my kudos on improving that. I don't want to.. I thought things were finally once again at a stage worth paying for.. please don't take this harshly, but are the releases tested before they are released? I see an update.. then another quick one within a day or less.. then nothing for ages to fix the problems that the releases and the hotfixes are supposed to correct..  I just do not understand how developers leave gaping holes unfilled and can plug one and push an update, then ignore the rest and hold an update... now I am just ranting, I know it.. but dammit when things get to a good place and enough is enough, just leave it alone and don't push more features, fix the ones you got already.. PLEASE!

• 2 weeks later...
Tolerant

Any news on getting the watched status to update? I get the green circle / white checkmark.. but items are NOT being removed from the suggested / next up page since the update to 3.0.5972.0 or prior to it. This behavior is so annoying, I don't understand how no one else is commenting on this and how it just seems to have become accepted behavior? I literally have to refresh the page in FireFox or toggle thru multiple pages of Emby in the browser / config etc, in order to get it to show what is really up next. And yes, updates are set to automatic live updating, etc and I have walked thru all the settings to see if anything is out of place.. and cannot find anything wrong or set diff. I know this cannot be intended as it is simply to damn annoying to try to see what is up next and which episode is next when watching multiples.. PLEASE fix this!

i'll do more testing but i did test this recently with no problem found. visit the page, play something, stop, then the content refreshes.

Tolerant

Not for me.. not since the update.. it's totally broken for me and I really do not want to reinstall again and loose all my watched status on 3k movies.. again. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Tolerant

i'll do more testing but i did test this recently with no problem found. visit the page, play something, stop, then the content refreshes.

Any update on this issue? I have even completely uninstalled FireFox, deleted my FireFox profile folder and reinstalled FireFox as a "Fresh" install. Shows are simply not updating / being removed as "Watched" from what is up "Next" even though they end up with the Circle w/checkbox. Manually refreshing FireFox everytime I want to update what is watched or new to the server is really driving me nuts.

Tolerant

I open up the web UI in Firefox with "Browse Library" via the icon on the tray. I start the 7Illusions paid App for my second monitor. In the WebUI I then click "Next Up" and "Select Player" and choose my 7Illusions app as the "Device" to play to. Then in the WebUI I click an episode to play via the little round icon in the lower right of the "thumbnail" image for a series episode. If the episode goes all the way through, it ends up with a Green Circle w/white check mark but does not get removed from the "Next Up" page. Going to most other pages and back to "Next Up", does not "clear" it from "Next Up". -- In the cases I have more episodes then the page will display at once or multiple episodes of a series to watch or simply want to remove the "Clutter" of episodes that have been watched.. I am stuck with them until I can find a way to "force" the WebUi Client to "update" that page. Lately that has been "Refreshing" the browser via the rounded arrow (like F5) next to the URL bar of the browser or in some cases perhaps going to the "Config" of the Emby server. -- Going to "Home", "Next Up", "Favorites" or "Upcoming" still does Not remove the "played" items from view. If I Do go to "Config" and back to "Home" .. THEN the items have been removed, or as i said doing a F5 (Refresh the browser page) manually.

I open up the web UI in Firefox with "Browse Library" via the icon on the tray. I start the 7Illusions paid App for my second monitor. In the WebUI I then click "Next Up" and "Select Player" and choose my 7Illusions app as the "Device" to play to. Then in the WebUI I click an episode to play via the little round icon in the lower right of the "thumbnail" image for a series episode. If the episode goes all the way through, it ends up with a Green Circle w/white check mark but does not get removed from the "Next Up" page. Going to most other pages and back to "Next Up", does not "clear" it from "Next Up". -- In the cases I have more episodes then the page will display at once or multiple episodes of a series to watch or simply want to remove the "Clutter" of episodes that have been watched.. I am stuck with them until I can find a way to "force" the WebUi Client to "update" that page. Lately that has been "Refreshing" the browser via the rounded arrow (like F5) next to the URL bar of the browser or in some cases perhaps going to the "Config" of the Emby server. -- Going to "Home", "Next Up", "Favorites" or "Upcoming" still does Not remove the "played" items from view. If I Do go to "Config" and back to "Home" .. THEN the items have been removed, or as i said doing a F5 (Refresh the browser page) manually.

Thank you.

This is a perfect example of why we need exact steps to reproduce when reporting problems because there are sometimes nuances in general statements that can easily be missed.  The part I bet we were not testing is the fact that you are remote casting to another app when you do this.

• Like 1

Tolerant

Thank you.

This is a perfect example of why we need exact steps to reproduce when reporting problems because there are sometimes nuances in general statements that can easily be missed.  The part I bet we were not testing is the fact that you are remote casting to another app when you do this.

Well I did mention a couple of times playing to a remote client... but even just using the WebUI to play / watch, I end up with the exact same results. That being a Green Circle and the episode staying in the 'Up Next' page. There is no "removal" of it as mentioned or as in the past when switching to another page and back, except for the config which causes it to refresh the view or using F5 to reload the page.

Well, thanks for providing the details anyway.  It may not end up that that is relevant but it is still a good example of what we often need in order to fully understand what you are doing.

Tolerant

I have also tested this in IE in Windows 10 (Not Edge) and it is behaving in a similar fashion. The "red" checkmark showed up on the played file, but it remains on the "Next Up" page until I go into the "Config" dashboard and back to "Next Up".  Is there some way to repair the install without losing watched status / settings / etc. if indeed I am understanding this is supposed to automatically remove played items from "Next Up"?