LG TV problem

michalfira

michalfira

Hi

I've updated EMBY server recently and have no access to movies files from LG TV.

I mean I can watch movies from two folders, but when I want to watch the movies from different folders - I get an information: Unstable Connection.

Strange, but other from other folder don't have such information

I restarted EMBY, synchronized all library - no change.

Is it something with new EMBY version?

I can add thta there's no problem with those folders when watching movies with web browser.

Thanks

jmvaro

Same for me.

About the LG TV is WebOS 2.0 latest official firmware checked yesterday, and is the same at least for a month.

Information for debugging from my side:

- No changes in network, firmware, IPs, router. Everything is in the same situation.

- Changes in EMBY, only server version: I've experienced the problem with latest 5972, with 5971 and with the previous one (I don't remember the compilation). No betas, only official ones.

- I've checked also with old chapters already seen, and LG cannot play them.

Greetings

jmvaro

Hello again

I attach log where I've found some errors, just in case is easier to debug.

Apart from DLNA, I tried to navigate my local server from TV.

server-63599810779.zip

Emby Server: Versión 3.0.5972.0

TV: [LG] webOS TV EG910V (WebOS 2.0)

Waluigi-Soap

I'm experiencing the same issue with my LG 65EF9500. I'm pretty sure this change is responsible:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/commit/91ad1cfa25cb32591d477a5c66430022f4bc0274

+ else if (i == 26)     + {     + request.TranscodingMaxAudioChannels = int.Parse(val, UsCulture);     + }

The request has "Embed" as an argument where Emby expects an integer.

I'm experiencing the same issue with my LG 65EF9500. I'm pretty sure this change is responsible:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/commit/91ad1cfa25cb32591d477a5c66430022f4bc0274

+ else if (i == 26)     + {     + request.TranscodingMaxAudioChannels = int.Parse(val, UsCulture);     + }

The request has "Embed" as an argument where Emby expects an integer.

Hi, good catch there. If this is true though then it only impacts when subtitles are selected. is this what you're seeing?

Waluigi-Soap

Hi, good catch there. If this is true though then it only impacts when subtitles are selected. is this what you're seeing?

Yeah, I think it only impacts videos with an embedded subtitle track that has been set to 'default true'. Media with external subtitles that were initially selected when played on the TV were fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Tomast

hi! i am still having issues with LG WebOS smartv and DLNA.

It used to work ok, but now if i choose a movie from my colection and select watch on "LG] webOS TV" nothing happens!

But if i enter through the "SmartShare app" on the tv I can choose the emby server and watch the movie without any problem.

Any idea with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Using a new 2015 LG tv for testing and the latest beta server, the Play To function worked out of the box. So no problem found here.