Arm Archlinux - server not starting

sweetth

sweetth

Hello all,

Installed emby on my Arm running Arm Archlinux - the emby-server.service doesn't start (see below journalctl output. 

My Tv Show and Movie is hold on the GoFlex and two Kodi will connect to emby to synchronise the database of watched items.

Any advice or guidance would be welcome.

May 22 18:23:29 goflex systemd[1]: Started Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television..
May 22 18:23:29 goflex systemd[1]: Started Process Core Dump (PID 313/UID 0).
May 22 18:23:30 goflex sudo[306]:  sweetth : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/sweetth ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/journalctl -b
May 22 18:23:30 goflex sudo[306]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by sweetth(uid=0)
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=4/ILL
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: Stopped Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television..
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: Started Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television..
May 22 18:23:30 goflex systemd[1]: Started Process Core Dump (PID 321/UID 0).
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=4/ILL
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: Stopped Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television..
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd[1]: Failed to start Emby brings together your videos, music, photos, and live television..
May 22 18:23:31 goflex systemd-coredump[297]: Process 293 (mono) of user 993 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 293:
                                              #0  0x00000000b4f3929c n/a (mscorlib.dll.so)
May 22 18:23:32 goflex systemd-coredump[322]: Process 318 (mono) of user 993 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 318:
                                              #0  0x00000000b4f3929c n/a (mscorlib.dll.so)
May 22 18:23:32 goflex systemd-coredump[304]: Process 300 (mono) of user 993 dumped core.

I also ran into an error whilst installing mono:

/tmp/alpm_z09fj0/.INSTALL: line 5:  2574 Illegal instruction     (core dumped) cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
error: command failed to execute correctly

Any advice would be great.

Yes indeed, 4.4. 4.4 is still in beta stage. Somehow it got marked as stable in Arch Linux (not an Emby problem)...but this has unfortunately become our problem because 4.4 is not stable enough for everyday use yet.

sweetth

Indeed but emby is now running.

The database got updating but quote a few show haven't been recognised even though they are picked up right with kodi.

Can we select which website get query first. Would prefer tvdb.com

Also at the moment it is slow to respond. It's running on a goflex so obviously wasn't expected it to be lightning fast, but the web interface is taking a minutes or more to load a page. And that's not playing any video at all.

tvdb is the default, and be aware, we haven't done any testing with mono 4.4 yet. thanks.

sweetth

Thanks for the quock reply.

I am not using mono 4.4 but the 4.2 - I downloaded and installed it. And added it to the ignore list.

If tvdb is the default why is kodi picking up the correct show but not emby? Am I missing a trick?

Andnis there a way to understand why it's running slow to sort it out.

Cheers

sweetth

Plugged one of my Kodi on emby and the updating was actually quite fast on it.

However nothing couldn't play - was trying to get a stream is it not possible to have Kodi reading the file directly from the location?

There are a lot of these. 

Access to the path "/mnt/hd/Movie/Concussion.nfo" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

It could possibly explain for the slow performance. For the tv series, please discuss an example. And yes, Kodi can read the direct path. Check out our wiki on library setup to learn how to do that:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Library%20Setup

sweetth

Thank you, 

Changed the folders permissions and indeed it is working much better now. 

sweetth

Hi again,

I am getting the grip of it, and it does seems to serve the purpose rather good. 

A quick questions as I can find the answer on-line - on the TV - Episodes section - every episodes of all my shows are display including previous season (that I do not keep). Where can I change the setting to only display episodes that are available on the media?

Many thanks, 

Hi again,

I am getting the grip of it, and it does seems to serve the purpose rather good. 

A quick questions as I can find the answer on-line - on the TV - Episodes section - every episodes of all my shows are display including previous season (that I do not keep). Where can I change the setting to only display episodes that are available on the media?

Many thanks, 

Click user icon in the top right -> display settings. it should be that way by default though.

sweetth

Thanks,

indeed the settings are set to show only episodes locally available - but when I navigate to TV section then Episodes I still have unaired and past seasons showing. 

sweetth

Hi,

Re-installed emby-server (deleted all cache and files) to start from fresh. The missing/unaired episodes are still showing - the display options are still blank so shouldn't be.

Any idea?

sweetth

Hello again, 

This is now driving me insane - I will explain my setup first and foremost for all to get a clear pictures.

NAS Server - Running ARM ArchLinux - 2TB Hard Drvie - Running emby-server - All Shows & Movies are saved on it - permission all set correctly now. 

(Samba share - no issue of speed on any other service)

=> 1 x Boxee Box running Kodi 14.2 => 1 x HP all in one running Kodi on ArchLinux => 1 x PC running Kodi on ArchLinux

As mentioned on my previous post - I started the library from fresh this morning (changed the files systems for movies /Movies/Name of Movie/Name of Movie.avi/mkv)

Added the folder to start the database building on the Movies (currently 13 and it took more than an hour) - Once done added the tv folder and again took more than an hour. 

Once done I re-sync my kodi and it takes fat too long and crash most of the time (see attached zip files of logs) at the moments of comparing episodes.  

Also the issues of the missing/unaired episodes showing up - would that be related?

EDIT: Is there an option to turn off missings/unaired appart from display?

logs.zip

Edited by sweetth