Emby Theater not starting in full screen

jonselin

jonselin

I have media PC that is set up to start emby theater on boot, however it does not start in full screen. I have the shortcut set to start as Maximized and I always close the program while maximized. Is there another way to force it to start full screen?

swhitmore

I've seen this issue if you close Emby before it goes fullscreen the first time. The next time you start it, it will be in a small window. Since I've setup a 'quit' button on my harmony remote, I see the issue crop up now and again if someone closes Emby before it goes fullscreen at start.

• 3 weeks later...
jonselin

This still happens, Emby is a small window every time I start the computer even if it was maximized the last time it ran.

This still happens, Emby is a small window every time I start the computer even if it was maximized the last time it ran.

Does it maximize itself after a few seconds?

Scott310

I have this issue as well. I have emby set to open after a restart of the HTPC and when it opens it is always not full screen.

jonselin

No, it's a windows 10 machine connected to an AV receiver. The best thing would be if emby could respect "launch in fullscreen" setting in the shortcut regardless of previous state.

search underneath the theater appdata folder. there's a file called something like windowstate.json. see if it's getting updated after closing the app.

jonselin

The date modified does not seem to change on that file when I close the app.

I think the issue is when shutting down the computer, if I manually close it and open it again it will remember the maximized state, but if the computer loses power and restarts or if I send it a shutdown command without shutting down emby, then emby will not be in fullscreen (even though it was in fullscreen when the computer was running).

well if the date isn't changing then i think that should be ok, because you would open -> close manually in maximize state. then from there on out, if the file doesn't change there should be no problem.if the file does change and does not say maximized inside, then that's something we should look at.

• 2 weeks later...
mentasm

This was handy.  I was finding that each day after my automated reboot ET was maximised but not full screen.  I went and checked the date on the .json file and it was not recent.  I deleted the file then exited ET while the app was in fullscreen and a new .json was written.  It is now opening in fullkscreen mode after reboot.

I guess that on automated reboot, ET is not being asked to close in a fashion that would cause the .json the be updated.   

• 10 months later...
swhitmore

Thanks Luke. I've been travelling interstate lately, so haven't had a lot of time for testing. I should be able to have a look on the weekend. Sounds great though.