Write thumb, poster, and .nfo somewhere else?

akak01000101

akak01000101

I'm loving emby, but....

I had a nice clean directory with just video files. Easy to view/read raw or with multiple viewers, clients and servers. Now I have a clutter of extra supporting files that fill up the directory with -thumb, -poster, .nfo files. I understand the need for them, but is there way to create a sub-directory called "emby" and have all the supporting files live there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Akak

Hi, welcome. This only happened because you enabled "Save metadata to media folders". Our default configuration does not do this. If this is not what you want, then why not just turn it off?

As far as your emby sub-folder idea, the problem is that we didn't make up those file names, we are using Kodi naming conventions for compatibility purposes.

akak01000101

Thanks.

So if "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" is checked and "Save metadata to media folders" is not checked, does the metadata still get saved somewhere else?

If so, where?

in the metadata path, which is displayed on the front page of the server dashboard.

• 4 weeks later...
akak01000101

[sOLVED]

My Media Sever is a linux machine running samba to mounted on Windows running Emby. I ended up using a linux symlink to individual files with a relative path: /vol01/videos/emby/family/0001.mp4 -> ../../family/0001.mp4

This works well and is easier on the backups. Some backup programs would  backup the the media files twice with a hard link.

-akak

Edited by akak01000101