No Server 3.0.5970.0?

RemeJuan

I have tried beta version and the other suggested above too neither got any further than the wizard stage

and this is from the dev version  5741f184ad3fb_ff.jpg

5743139356a90_emb.jpg 

:rolleyes:  

So, over the weekend Emby was working. Y'day morning (pc running overnight) i woke to find emby broken & email to say i have had an update. I have now tried all tasks asked & had Emby installed on a different windows 10 tablet as well as the original htpc but with the same result, (wizard stops at browser page ie Localhost browser setup section of install, see above pics) And just to make triple sure, i used a  brand new 2016 modem with same result in todays tests (everything but Emby tested & working 100% ).

Edited by psmc

RemeJuan

If you have an anti-virus installed, i would make sure it didn't tamper with the emby server installation files. Also I would run windows chkdsk to check your hard disc for errors.

Still no joy,

Check disk came out fault-less, I then reinstalled with AV disabled. The logs do appear a bit different though, the end makes it look like it has mostly started up, it appears its running some of the automation, it is still not accessible via any apps or the web url.

server-63599619522.txt

Understood, but that's not what i'm looking for.

it won't resolve it but will add more logging for me

Soz, i get ya now ...is there any way to run an older server version, or will it always default to the latest upon install?

@@RemeJuan and others, can you try installing the dev server from the website. please provide the server log. thanks.

Update: this has appeared again @ 20:40 relating to the failed dev install from earlier at 19:42UK 57435d28c52bf_wtf.jpg

Update: this has appeared again @ 20:40 relating to the failed dev install from earlier at 19:42UK 57435d28c52bf_wtf.jpg

there's a newer dev install. try that.

there's a newer dev install. try that.

No Joy here @@Luke Stops at the same place just on the browser screen.

Edited by psmc

So, i re-wiped all traces i could find of Emby again and started on dev build ...it failed to install on the desktop / but did install on the tablet. The difference between the two was on the tablet the dialog for access to the firewall popped up but nothing on the main pc via ethernet, 

Now I have a System up & running, but, backwards with the tablet used for the install wizard of dev client and the server containing movies (main pc) 

I can see the movies & and use them via web browser on tablet & main pc (Edge/Chrome) (and Windows phone remote)

(unrelated to server but.. Theater which throws up this error (see pic) on install via main pc ) and the link it makes to the microsoft page is dead also

574378969a56c_error.jpg

the link emby theater makes is the same one as above. it works for me but maybe it's a regional issue.

anyway, good investigation but it's not firewall related. the server will handle that situation either way. if you could try post #38 that would be helpful. thanks.

• Like 1

Ok so further and finally for tonight i have installed theater now too after retrying that package & adding the 2015++ 

So i have movies stored on the pc, theater & browser on both working on pc (but cannot access via localhost ethernet

i have theater & browsers up on the tablet (wifi) which now also contains the server (not ideal, slower)

phone was tested and after a address reset working too

also attached are logs hopefully as they came off the tablet

Goodnight irene

post-826-0-95745100-1464045903_thumb.jpg

Thank you. I've found the issue. Please download the beta installer from the website and let me know if that resolves it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry about the delay. It did work, there were some things i noticed on install the network path dropdown was empty was missing so i had to use direct to the drive for test set up everything went to plan that way 5744bb788d42c_wel.jpg5744bba1cae35_welll.jpg

Thanks. Did you read the help text right above? 

Network paths can be entered manually in the event the Network button fails to locate your devices

If clicking network returns an empty set you can always manually enter a network path.

Direct to drive is better anyway though.

Yeah i saw that, i'll get it reset that over time then i rarely get to use it outside of home anyway broadband is so poor here, but thankful the issue is found ..that got very annoying for a time