No Server 3.0.5970.0?

RemeJuan

RemeJuan

I woke up this morning to find my Emby server no longer working, I found a few posts mentioning similar issues but none of the suggestions helped.

I have installed over the current install, I have run the app as admin, my UAC settings are default,  tried deleting the .db files from /data and even completely uninstalled with remove all traces selected and reinstalled. I am and always have been running on the stable channel and have temporarily had to resort to that plex disgrace.

Log files are attached, hope someone can help so I can get a proper media server running again.

server-63599502526.txt

Edited by RemeJuan

Local host is unreachable Server version 3.0.5970.0 yet again Emby went down for no apparent reason ..tried resetting modem,server,pc & ip. Server starts as normal but is unavailable via both edge & chrome.No warnings / errors

Windows 10 fully updated 

Graphics card fully updated

Movies in correct place and working

Run as Admin etc

No log as there is no server 

post-826-0-51395700-1463917323_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Local host is unreachable Server version 3.0.5970.0 yet again Emby went down for no apparent reason ..tried resetting modem,server,pc & ip. Server starts as normal but is unavailable via both edge & chrome.No warnings / errors

Windows 10 fully updated 

Graphics card fully updated

Movies in correct place and working

Run as Admin etc

No log as there is no server 

Is the "MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe" application running in the Task manager?  If the server is running it would produce a log.

• Like 1

Is the "MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe" application running in the Task manager?  If the server is running it would produce a log.

Is it a dump file? i have to create here?

There are no logfiles on your post...

Make sure the machine has .Net 4.6 installed.

Most times when something like this happens after an update it is one of two things:

1) An anti-virus program has deleted, quarantined or otherwise mucked with the installation.  To fix you would need to create an exception in the anti-virus program.

2) The firewall settings have been changed to no longer allow access to the server.

I can't get through to even start the wizard rn ...everything i can think of has been changed just turned off AV to try that still no joy

I can't get through to even start the wizard rn ...everything i can think of has been changed just turned off AV to try that still no joy

Hi, please see post #4, thank you.

You re-installed from the website after disabling your anti-virus?

Did you check your firewall settings?

• Like 1

HI, I am aware of post 4 thanks. And I would have posted a log if i could, but, as i cannot access the browser log (see post 1) and your (%appdata%\Emby-Server\logs) instructions lead to nowhere so I cannot provide a log that way. However if i drop (/logs) part from that instruction i get 2 folder options to select from...1 data 2 System. ? 

The data folder does contain 3 "activitylog" files are you suggesting one of these to be uploaded, if so which one?

5741c90557704_c.jpg5741c837b7876_f.jpg5741c8733e74c_u.jpg

Now, while Emby shows itself in the task manager it is using memory 95.3 mb only.

Hi @@ebr Yes, Firewall is set to medium as always and modem has been powered off,unplugged & reset, hard reset too. All other devices programs games/multiplayer all tested & working 100%. speedtest complete @ 73/20mb

ok, so this just popped up unprompted 20 mins since i last interacted with emby in it's current life support state   5741cf7de0c3f_k.jpg

If you have an antivirus installed make sure it didn't tamper with the emby server installation files. Also consider running Windows chkdsk to check for main drive for disc errors.

RemeJuan

There are no logfiles on your post...

Make sure the machine has .Net 4.6 installed.

Guess I messed a step in the attaching, fixed and I do have 4.6 installed.

RemeJuan

The server thinks you don't have 4.6 installed. I would just run the microsoft web installer to make sure:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130

Thanks.

Thanks, while that solved the not detecting .net issue, the error appears much the same to me.

Attached the newer log, have tried running as admin as well with no luck.

server-63599539121.txt

If you have an anti-virus installed, i would make sure it didn't tamper with the emby server installation files. Also I would run windows chkdsk to check your hard disc for errors.

Like i said earlier there @@Luke (see post #1) my Os is fully updated just so i don't have reason to come in here. Believe me last thing i wanted was to be wasting my Sunday in here

And in answer to earlier post re Anti Virus (see reply post to ebr #6) I went through that same result no matter the AV is running or not = no local host page. Run installer from scratch = No local host page to configure in browser

5741e03bdbe1c_y.jpg 5741e2e73278a_ff.jpg5741e3283252d_ffff.jpg

CBers

Have you tried entering the PC's IP address instead of localhost?

Just a thought.

It's not a question of whether it's running or not, it's a question of whether it may have tampered with the installation directory. For instance, you can download the portable install from the website and compare them.

well I'm not suggesting running the portable version, just using it to compare, although you can if you like.

If none of that pans out, please try the dev installer from the website. I added some additional error handling there. Thanks.