Raspberry Pi 1 recommended settings for Emby addon for Kodi

masterxilef

masterxilef

Hi guys, as the tittle says, can you recommend me the best settings for the Emby addon for Kodi. I have been using it for a while now and it works great, altough a little bit slow the first time it syncs the database, however, lately I've been getting the " Library Sync Thread Has Exited! You should restart Kodi now" so I have to repair the local database to fix the error, which takes a while to complete.

So after reading a few forum posts about the error, it seems that it could be related to the items requested to the server and/or artwork cache threads.

I have not changed any settings before and always used the default settings.

So can you tell me which settings I should change to improve the performance of the Emby addon on a Raspberry Pi 1 (Single core, 700 MHz, overclocked to 1150 MHz).

Thanks.

Angelblue05

There's no setting that will help with this. Best post your kodi log to see what is happening at the time of the error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masterxilef

Thanks.

Will do if it happens again.

Still would like to know the recommended values for items requested to the server and/or artwork cache threads considering its a Raspberry Pi 1 and a low power server, even if it's not related to the error, I believe it is recommended (at least it says so in the addon settings for the artwork cache threads, but I don't know which value).

Edited by masterxilef

Angelblue05

For best performance, under sync options set addon playback as native (direct paths) - you should make sure you can direct play beforehand. You can change the artwork cache thread to 25. That's pretty much it. Emby features will be limited (cinema and parental control, you won't be able to direct streaming/transcode), but you'll see a speed up when you start playing content.

Edited by Angelblue05

masterxilef

@@CBers - I'm running LibreELEC 7.0.1 - Kodi 16.1

@@Angelblue05 - Thanks, that's really helpful. Already using direct play, I don't mind loosing the other features as I don't really need them at the moment, much less on the Pi 1 (Saving up for a few Pi 3s  :D ).

Will try changing the artwork cache threads setting. Thanks.