recordings go to beginning while FF

epayson85

epayson85

Recently been seeing an issue where you are fast forwarding a recording on the android app to get through commercials and then it suddenly just goes to the beginning of the video clip.  I haven't don't it myself so I am only hearing it second hand from the girlfriend.   I told her the next time it does it to tell me so I can grab the logs.  It just did it and interesting enough I have bunch of transcode logs in a short amount of time.  I attached all the transcode logs as well as my server log.  Has anyone else been seeing this? or anyone see whats going on?  Its absolutely random and doesn't happen every time.  I have been unable to reproduce it myself to figure out what triggers it.

Log (1).txt

Log (2).txt

Log (3).txt

Log (4).txt

Log (5).txt

Log (6).txt

Log (7).txt

Log (8).txt

Log (9).txt

Log.txt

server log.txt

With the type of streaming we are doing in most instances now, seeking is accomplished by stopping the current transcode and starting a new one at the new point.  Thus, the multiple logs.

epayson85

interesting, I had never noticed.  When I had looked earlier today I had only seen the one.  then after she told me I looked and saw all those logs... maybe she hadn't been seeking when I looked earlier.  Either way I haven't been able to recreate it but it has happened to her multiple times, twice today.  I heard it today too, she says it makes a beep then restarts the video to the beginning and I heard the beep right before she started getting pissed lol.

More than likely it is a timing issue of some sort.  Like she is jumping several times fast in a row.  Or, maybe, she jumps a few times fast, then pauses for a second then tries to jump again and then it screws up.

I can envision a scenario where, if you tried to seek at exactly the wrong time (while the player was in the middle of trying to accomplish a previous seek request) the system might potentially get confused as to where the seek should be going.

Try doing some rapid things like that to see if you can reproduce.  Knowing exactly the sequence that causes it will be the best way to track down how to fix it.  Thx.

epayson85

I figured lol I know today she said she tried to rewind after ff... she claims that she didn't do that all the other times but I don't believe her haha