Dolby Atmos/DTS-X

QUIKFLUX

QUIKFLUX

Hi all,

i was wondering with the emby theater setup if its possible with the speaker configuration settings that its going to play a Dolby Atmos speaker configuration of 7.1.4? i can see now that in emby theater that you can set speakers to 5.1 or 7.1, but with these new atmos configurations will emby theater support/handle this?

thanks in advance

Guest asrequested

I run Atmos 7.1.2 with no problems. It's an extension of True HD, which LAV supports. To confirm that it is Atmos, my Pioneer Elite receiver shows Atmos in the display  :)

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
zigzagtshirt

Does anyone know if I'd be able to passthrough Atmos/dtsx through Emby app on Samsung ku7000 to an atmos/DTS receiver? Tried researching but it's unclear to me. Is it possible that the TV would bottleneck it? Or since I believe it can passthrough audio via HDMI that it would work?

Guest asrequested

Does anyone know if I'd be able to passthrough Atmos/dtsx through Emby app on Samsung ku7000 to an atmos/DTS receiver? Tried researching but it's unclear to me. Is it possible that the TV would bottleneck it? Or since I believe it can passthrough audio via HDMI that it would work?

Firstly, why would you want to pass it through your TV to your AVR? It's standard to be the other way around.

Looking at this, the only audio output is optical. So no, you can't. Optical doesn't support Atmos and similar audio streams. Only HDMI does.

587c03810940b_Snapshot_455.jpg

• Like 1

I've also found that in general, if you have a source with say DD or DTS (5.1) going into a TV via HDMI, then the TV has optical out to a receiver, that the TV downsamples the feed to 2.0 or 2.1 channels. It's this way with my Panasonic plasma and a few other TVs I've used over the years.

So, while my TV can output DD 5.1 from its built-in apps (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu...) over the optical out to the AVR, the only 5.1 the TV will put out is that which it generates via its apps. This is very annoying.

And, I agree with Doofus, generally everything should plug into the AVR first... except of course the return audio from the TV's own apps.

Marc

Edited by Marc_G

FrostByte

Are you using the Emby Tizen app from the Samsung store on your TV?  If so, then yes you can get DTS to work in the Emby app.  There is a Samsung Smart TV section if you want to visit there.

• 1 year later...

Does the emby app on the following devices support atmos?

Roku

Apple TV

Fire TV Cube

Hi there! You can find thrs on the wiki page for each of those apps:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Apple-TV

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Roku

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Fire-TV

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
blumamba

that would be great if they do but I am not holding my breath for full support!  I have the ultra and it is not playing my 4k dolby atmos files (h265 mkv) directly.  It is being transcoded.  With std dd.  I had to try it since you mentioned it as it did not used to support the atmos.

htpc wins again!