How do I remove Emby from my Kodi install

amcfarla

amcfarla

I installed the Kodi addon and let it scan my library in.  Due to performance issues I decided to remove the addon from addon section in Kodi settings and after removing it, I rebooted and now I am getting "Emby error: check the log for more information".  I am also getting a continual pop-up saying "To use this feature you must download an add-on: Emby Would you like to download this add-on?"  I am not able to find any information on your site for removing this add-on once you install it and right now I am kind of stuck since I cannot get off this pop-up screen.  When I hit no, it just comes back and asks me again to install the add-on.  I really don't want to have to wipe my media center to remove this product.  If someone could be of assistance of removing this product, I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

Edited by amcfarla

CBers

Go into your addons from within Kodi, navigate to the Emby addon and delete/uninstall it.

amcfarla

Go into your addons from within Kodi, navigate to the Emby addon and delete/uninstall it.

That is what I did, now I am stuck in this auto loop and not sure what to do to get out of it.

Edited by amcfarla

Angelblue05

You'll need to wipe your database completely. Emby integrates into the Kodi database, therefore the proper way to remove it is to launch the add-on > reset local database > Yes to all prompts. Kodi will shut down, then once you restart, simply uninstall the add-on.

• Like 1

amcfarla

You'll need to wipe your database completely. Emby integrates into the Kodi database, therefore the proper way to remove it is to launch the add-on > reset local database > Yes to all prompts. Kodi will shut down, then once you restart, simply uninstall the add-on.

That seemed to resolve the issue.  Thank you for the information.

• Like 1