HD HomeRun Connect & Emby Quality

RC_EMBY

RC_EMBY

I have a HD HomeRun Connect and have the software installed on the same windows 10 machine I use for my emby server. When sharing live TV via the HDHOMERUN Emby plugin the quality is very inconsistent, especially when I view from clients ( Nexus Player) that are not on my network.  I know the signal is fine because Live TV plays perfect when i use the Kodi Plugin. Any suggestions?

Thanks!  

Hi, welcome. We would need a little more information to diagnose, see how to report a media playback issue.

But generally speaking, if the device playing the content doesn't natively support the video stream, then we have to use a process called transcoding in order to convert it on the fly into a format that the device understands. Occasionally this can have some effect on quality.

RC_EMBY

Thanks for the quick response, I will be able to provide a server log this evening. 

The Emby Server is a Windows 10 Desktop with SSD, 16gb of RAM and an intel Xeon E3 3.4ghz processor, so i dont think transcoding should be affecting quality this much.

Do you have a guide to get HD Home Run working with EMBY, or does it just natively work? 

Your transcoding fps is just enough to be playable, so that should generally be OK. The only thing I can think of suggesting is checking on your HDHR signal quality using the HDHR software.

CBers

Your transcoding fps is just enough to be playable, so that should generally be OK. The only thing I can think of suggesting is checking on your HDHR signal quality using the HDHR software.

Make sure you are running the latest firmware as well.

• Like 1

RC_EMBY

Thanks guys, I have the latest firmware installed. Even when using Emby on my local network to watch live TV, it is very choppy and pretty much unusable compared to when I use KODI on the same Devices ( Nexus player & Nvidia Shield)