Channel icons?

perx

Kramerika

I attached some pictures to demonstrate my issue.  The MeTV (8.2) icon is missing from the Shield TV and FIre TV guides but is visible for Android mobile and the web browser on my computer.  I uploaded all of those icons the same way.  They are the same format.  I attached them as well for reference.  The other channel that has the same issue with the icon is Escape.  What can I do to fix this?

post-67967-0-82245800-1469151177_thumb.jpg

post-67967-0-03728100-1469151179_thumb.jpg

post-67967-0-99616300-1469151179_thumb.jpg

post-67967-0-03995500-1469151182_thumb.png

icons.zip

Only thing I can figure is that the app is encountering an error loading them for some reason...

Kramerika

Is there any way to completely reset all of the icons without deleting them and uploading them again as I have already done several times?  Is there a config file to delete or edit manually?  Or are you saying that it is something internal to the app itself that won't change no matter what I do with the server?

I really don't know.  If you send a log from the app after displaying the guide, there may be a clue in it.

Kramerika

I just sent a log after I had looked at the guide on the Shield TV.  Username is MediaServer on my account.  The channels with the missing icons are 8.2 (WGALDT, MeTV) and 49.4 (Escape).

Edited by Kramerika

Thanks.  No errors are being generated by the client so I'm afraid I'm still clueless.

I guess the only suggestion I could make would be to try clearing data for the app.  Maybe a blank image is stuck in a cache...

Kramerika

I tried clearing the data, but that did not work.  I then deleted those custom icons and restored the default ones that get downloaded.  Those icons show up!  I don't get it...  it's just bizarre.  I guess I'll keep those for now even though they don't match the others just to have something.

Kramerika

Where do I do that?  The only options that I see are to edit images which leads to the interface to upload your own custom images.

Also, with the latest server update from the other day, my custom icons are getting replaced automatically with the original icons again when the guide refreshes each night.  All but one actually which is exactly what was happening before another previous server update fixed that.  Just really strange behavior.  I would like to use my own icons, but it would not be as bad if some of the original icons weren't missing and completely for the wrong channel.  This is strictly for OTA TV.

Kramerika

I might be missing something here, but the only options that I see when I go to edit images are to delete the current image or to add a new image.  That's how I added the custom images that you see in the screenshots in my post above.  Those aren't the default icons.  For whatever reason the custom icons for those two channels do not show up on the Shield TV or Fire TV apps even though they do show up on Android mobile app and on the web even after I tried clearing the cache for the app.

At this point, it doesn't matter since every time the guide refreshes it overwrites my custom icons and restores the default ones.  That was a problem a few months ago, was fixed with a server update, but is now broken again unless I am missing an option to prevent it from doing that?

Edited by Kramerika

Kramerika

No, I am using the built-in Emby TV with Schedules Direct for the guide.  The only plugin I use for Emby is the Backup plugin.

Edited by Kramerika

ok, i will try customizing a channel image and see if i can reproduce the problem of it getting replaced by the default.

Ok, thanks. Found the issue. While this can't be helped for images already affected, it will be fixed for new images that are customized going forward.

Kramerika

Which issue is fixed?  Some custom icons not showing up in the Amazon Fire TV and Android TV apps, custom icons being replaced by the default ones when the guide is refreshed, or both?  I'm on the stable release of the server, so I suppose I'll have to wait for the fix.

I haven't done anything with the icons not displaying in the app because I have no idea why they aren't.  The image loader is not reporting any sort of error.

Lyfesaver

Not to pile on, but I am a new user with Schedules Direct and I am not getting channel icons. Before and after the most recent update a day or two ago.

Not to pile on, but I am a new user with Schedules Direct and I am not getting channel icons. Before and after the most recent update a day or two ago.

Does schedules direct even have icons for your lineup?

• Like 1

Lyfesaver

Does schedules direct even have icons for your lineup?

I dont even know how to check, and I dont see any when logged in so I guess this is the problem. I had already pretty much doing custom ones, so no worries. And thanks for pointing that out :)

I think they have a lineup preview on their website but i'm not sure if it displays the icons or not. It's possible they just don't have icons for your lineup.

Kramerika

I don't know where to find the icons on their website.  They have a place to contact them when you login on their site with lineup problems or questions.  Ask them about your lineup and icons directly there.