subtitles when playing on Chrome Android

gedl

Hi,

I'm trying the web client on an android and can't find a way to choose subtitles. Is there a way to 

a) choose subtitles from the ones that exist on the server

B) download a new file from the player page on the browser for content for which there are no subtitles on the server ?

Thanks,

Gonçalo

Hi, yes,  have you not seen the CC button in the upper right corner?

To download subtitles, click the 3-dot menu from the detail screen and click Edit subtitles. Make sure you've already configured open subtitles in the server dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to make sure I don't get banned from Open Subtitles: if I configure my username and password, but do not tick the "download subtitles for" checkboxes, I believe emby will not automatically download subtitles for any existing or newly added media. Will downloads on demand still be available in the various players ?

Thanks alot.

Gonçalo

Yes and no. No emby app currently has in-video subtitle downloading, but the web app, android, ios, and emby theater all have in-app subtitle downloading that can be done before playing.

Yes and no. No emby app currently has in-video subtitle downloading, but the web app, android, ios, and emby theater all have in-app subtitle downloading that can be done before playing.

Ah, got it. Thanks.