MBT - Disc playback plugin

A8HTPC

A8HTPC

MBT is missing a vital Component. There needs to be an option to play bluray n dvd disc with an external player or within mbt. any info or development on this would be great.

autoplay option would need to work without explorer running as some of us use mbt as windows shell.

"Like This" so we can bring this forward and off the back burners :)

Edited by A8HTPC

wraslor

Edit, just noticed you were asking about physical discs.  In that case just associate your external player with auto play to play dvd and blurays, pop the disc in and it plays.  I use tmt6 personally.

Edited by wraslor

A8HTPC

@ Wraslor, The main issue is MBT is being used as Windows Shell in-place of Explorer.exe. I do this so the PC is more or an appliance and there is a lot less things to get in the way. With Explorer shut down, the "autoplay" association does not work. So the only way I have been able to get any sort of Autoplay working is to run PowerDVD13 or TotalMediaTheatre while running MBT. This will allow my discs to play. The issue with this is its one more peice of software loading and an indirect way of performing an operation that the specific HTPC should be able to do directly.

wraslor

I see what you're saying, you almost need an entry point to launch tmt6 when a disc is inserted.  I'm no coder but I don't think it would be too hard for someone to make a plugin that's only purpose is to launch said player.

That's what the apps section is for. There's plenty of capable candidates here. An app can be anything. An external program or something within MBT like a weather screen

A8HTPC

It would better if a 'PLAY DISC" option was inserted where apps, tv, and collections are listed. hopefully this plugin could close powerdvd13 or tmt6 after movie ends or after we click stop. i want this htpc to feel like an appliance and less like a pc

• Like 1