Better Control of Trailers?

MarcusJ

MarcusJ

I have a question/recommendation about trailers...

Is there anyway to control the type of trailers played in Cinema Mode?  This is not about parental control, it is about the movie types/genres/plots. In other words, if my wife enjoys movies with "Romance", when she selects such a movie, the trailers shown before the movie includes those with "Romance" as a genre or "Romance" as a plot key word.  Similarly, my "Action", "Horror", "Sports", "Terrorism", or "Mafia" movies would be preceded with other movies of a similar nature.

This feature may already exist, but I have not been able to find any controls similar to this.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, it actually looks for similar titles to the movie you're watching, but we could also do it based on user watch history.

MarcusJ

Thanks Luke.

Is the use of "watch history" the same as comparing genres or key words?  Is that how the system determines the "likeness" or similar natures of the movies?

Is this in any way manageable or configurable, or is it simply inherent (built-in) to the system?

no right now it's just using genres and other data from the movie you're watching to find similar trailers.