Emby Controls for Unified Remote

Brendon

trusselo

It will have to do with different DPI screen sizes

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

TrainAss

Is there any way to bring up the show info to be able to select subtitles, audio language, etc. or would I need a keyboard for that?

trusselo

Unified remote has a keyboard and mouse function

TrainAss

Unified remote has a keyboard and mouse function

Which does not work to bring up the media info display in MBT. I've been able to do it with my Harmony One remote, and a physical keyboard (of course) but my secondary HTPC doesn't have an IR blaster, so I use Unified Remote on it. Not all subtitles are enforced by default (I am not going to re-encode thousands of videos to enforce the subtitles). Some of my anime has both English and Japanese audio and English subs. The English audio and English subs are both enforced by default and I want to either turn off subs or change to Japanese audio. Other times the sub is a separate file which I want to turn on (LOTR Elvish subs for example). See my issue?

• 1 year later...
elshagon

I tried to get this to work, but the remotes didn't show up.  It may have something to do with the new Unified Remote version installing in different directories?  I tried moving things around to where they should go, but the MB remotes never show up.  Any update to your remotes?

elshagon

Just thought I'd let everyone know I've began work on a custom remote for Emby Theater which works with Unified Remote app v.3  I'm new to Unified Remote so it could take me a while to learn what is possible as far as building a custom remote, but will let everyone know when I have an early version finished which everyone can try out.  The cool thing about Unified Remote is it now lets you use IR as well as the WiFi or bluetooth connections.  I own an HTC One M8 phone which has an IR sensor.  I've already been able to use the learning IR function to control my Onkyo receiver, Vizio TV and everything which my Logitech Harmony One remote is set up to do.  Unified Remote is a pretty cool app for turning your phone or tablet into a great HTPC remote!

elshagon

Until I finish the remote I'm using one of my phone's home pages as a full page Unified Remote widget.  With the widget you see below I'm able to launch and exit MBT, turn on/off my Onkyo receiver and Vizio TV, control volume on the Onkyo and navigate MBT.  The MB button allows me to launch Chrome to my home page for "Radio Paradise" playback.  When building this widget I was able to have my phone learn IR codes from both my Onkyo and Vizio remote.  A good compromise while I finish the custom remote:

5569cd51de730_Screenshot_20150530072742.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
steve54

How many files should be extracted? 

An Icons folder and 3 files were extracted.  Is this correct?

The remote will not show up in Unified Remote.  I am using Windows 10 x64.

• 1 year later...
grizlyadams

has there been any progress on getting this working with URv3? I downloaded and installed and moved around fkiles to URv3 folders but it doesn't work....

• 1 month later...
e123enitan

Nice work, I have Unified remote control for manage several pc's for  wol, restart, power off, very nice piece of software, nice to know it could be used to remote control MB 3 Server. as I only use MB3 for server not for playing, Kodi is my client media player, what would be nice if the remote could link to manager users and devices. Anyway, I shall give it a try this weekend.

Cheers!