Synology Package in Development (Pre-release Testers Wanted)

solabc16

solabc16

Hello @@Adroken

The DS212J is now supported if you are running DSM6, instructions are in the Synology section here: https://emby.media/nas-server.html

If you are running DSM5, an updated package with DSM5 support will be coming within the next couple of days.

- James

Edited by solabc16

robkeem

1) Just got a DS216play been tying to install Emby on it but for some reason It will not show up in the  Package Center even after adding the  Emby package repository in the settings? STM Monaco STiH412

2) Yes Im willing to test development packages.

solabc16

Hello @@robkeem

Thanks for the message, support for the DS216play is currently in pre-release testing.

I've sent you a PM, which will allow you to install Emby Server on your machine.

Best

- James

robkeem

Thank You,

I have installed it successfully and it is running much better than the release on my Windows 2012 R2 Server. Thank You

robkeem

Question: There is no restart option in the web gui? Would this be equivalent just stopping and starting it in the Synology package center?

Happy2Play

Question: There is no restart option in the web gui? Would this be equivalent just stopping and starting it in the Synology package center?

Yes

From another topic

In DSM, open Package Center, navigate to Emby Server and Stop the package.

Go back to DSM and Start the Emby Server package in Package Center.

solabc16

Hi @@robkeem

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear all is working well for you.

As mentioned above, yes this is equivalent and the way to do it.

We're currently working on making it possible to restart the server through the WebUI on Synology.

- James

schumi2004

Just got tipped by a friend that there is a test package available for my Synology (DS715)

UPDATES

2016-09-17 : Pre-release package now available for Annapurna Labs based systems. (e.g. DS416, DS215+, DS715 DS1515 DS2015xs)

How can i apply for testing?

Adding the emby repo didn't gave me any results.

/EDIT

Nevermind, needed to refresh package center ;)

Edited by schumi2004

schumi2004

Got it up and running and quite surprised how it performs on my Synology DS715 (have not transcoded anything yet or something similar)

I did noticed a few things i'm not used to or would like to see different but not sure where to post them.

First one is related to LiveTV with TVHeadend as backend. I installed plugin so i think i should post it here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20107-tvheadend-plugin-for-emby-beta-1/page-20

Second is the missing language code when subtitles are downloaded and 1 subtitles is selected to download. Maybe i'm missing something but I would also see language code in subtitles even if i only selected 1 to download.

But still need to figure out a few things and test all the functions but overall it functions pretty great, well done ;)

Got it up and running and quite surprised how it performs on my Synology DS715 (have not transcoded anything yet or something similar)

I did noticed a few things i'm not used to or would like to see different but not sure where to post them.

First one is related to LiveTV with TVHeadend as backend. I installed plugin so i think i should post it here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20107-tvheadend-plugin-for-emby-beta-1/page-20

Second is the missing language code when subtitles are downloaded and 1 subtitles is selected to download. Maybe i'm missing something but I would also see language code in subtitles even if i only selected 1 to download.

But still need to figure out a few things and test all the functions but overall it functions pretty great, well done ;)

Hi, welcome, can you provide more details about the subtitle thing, including an example? thanks.

solabc16

Hi @schumi2004

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear Emby Server is performing well on your NAS.

It's something we've foccussed on, whilst building the packages for the various Synology architectures.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

solabc16

Hello All

For those of you following the updates closely, you may have noticed that we now have Emby supported packages for all Synology* and XPEnology platforms running DSM 5.2-5967 or later.

If you're reading this and don't have Emby Server installed, you will find everything you need to know under the Synology section here: https://emby.media/nas-server.html

I'd like to say a big thank you to all of those in the community that contributed to this effort, without which it would not have been possible.

As of writing, Emby Server for Synology/XPEnology is running on 17 different architectures and 81 different models!

Best

- James

* Support for QorIQ based machines (DS213+, DS413) is not currently possible.

• Like 2

Iorifly

Dear, I wonder if there are plans to meet the DS413. It appeared opportunity to buy one of those. There plans? This work the dev? I can install manually?

Edited by Iorifly

• 1 month later...

@@dimitrik

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !

• Like 1