New to EMBY

kavaliermalta

kavaliermalta

Hello guys,

I just installed my Emby server on my Windows PC and Samsung Smart TV. 

The problem is that when I try to play the videos I added to the library, an error pops out and tell me that no supported media is detected. 

Also I installed the IPTV plugin on the server but I cannot find it on my TV.

Can anyone please help me solve these 2 issues.

Thanks in advance, 

KavalierMalta

FrostByte

Can you provide some more information on the type of files you're trying to play?  Do they play fine in the webclient or other clients?  If you can fill out as much of the information in the link below and post it here that would help.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29517-how-to-report-a-problem/​

IPTV is not in the current version of the app (there are other options out there right now in the store though).  LiveTV is probably the next big addition we'll see and may make it to the next release

kavaliermalta

Hello Frostbyte,

So when I check from my browser the movie plays well. But when I log on my samsung and try and play the movie, the error media not supported appears. Also I would like to know if there are any streaming apps avaialbe. 

New to the EMBY area. 

Thanks for your support,

Kavalier

FrostByte

Can you post the media info (you can post a screen shot from the webclient) for the file you're trying to play? 

What is weird is that the app should direct play all media which is compatible with your tv, and transcode everything else.  So effectively play all files one way or another.  We're probably going to need some more info on the files to figure out why they aren't playing 

Edit: i'm try to find the post which had a bunch of IP addresses of IPTV channels and a Samsung app to watch them, but I can't find that post now

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Need model of tv and media info as mentioned before. 

Also, what version of the app are you using? 

That message almost looks like a Samsung error and not from Emby

kavaliermalta

Will reply in like 30 minutes if I manage to get this fixed.

Thanks for your support so far. Much appreciated.

FrostByte

Usually that works.  I would delete the current one first though, then install using the instructions from the link I posted just in case

Edit: once it's installed you should see the version number flash at startup real quick, else go into settings

Edited by FrostByte

stevenstrike

Transcoding is disabled by default on D-Series (apparently it's unstable, never had a problem with it thus far), you have to enable it in the emby samsung app settings.

Worth noting that D-Series have a really shitty codec support, i remember trying my entire library of movies (mp4,mkv, etc) and most of them wouldn't work.

Edited by stevenstrike
  • Like 1

kavaliermalta

Steven can you tell me if the setting I need to apply is from the tv or server client.

FrostByte

From the Emby app on the Samsung tv

Bring up the menu on the left

Select "Settings"

Scroll up and over to select "TV Settings"

The settings you want to change should all be listed there