Web player (and Chromecast) freezing on movie play back.

nintendo424

nintendo424

I was testing a test movie file, and the web client crashes at around 32 minutes of play back. It doesn't matter if I skip through the video or watch it to the point, the video crashes. I've attached my three logs relating to playback, and it seems that FFmpeg is throwing an exception somewhere.

Any tips?

A little bit of extra information, it crashes in the web player AND on Chromecast. I've tried the video straight in VLC (just the video file, not DLNA) and it plays the section just fine.

remux-c8cb89d2-a6f3-44a7-9364-73b75a9e4e70.txt

remux-c990a73f-5972-4ea5-9633-76da4e1bc127.txt

server-63598778350.txt

Hi, actually it looks to me like we're stream copying the video when perhaps we shouldn't be. Can you do a test and reduce the in-app bitrate setting to a low value? this will force the video to transcode. Let me know if that succeeds. thanks.

nintendo424

Ok, you're saying it skipped to the wrong place. There is a change related to seeking that we're making for the next release, so I think there's a decent chance that will be resolved. You can try it now by installing the beta server.

nintendo424

Well, I wouldn't say seeking was the issue.

For example, say the movie freezes at 32:00. It does it everytime. I can seek to 31:00 just fine and play, but when 32:00 comes around, it freezes. It doesn't matter if it's at a lower bitrate or not. I tried starting at 31:00, letting it freeze at 32:00 and then shift the bitrate lower, and when I did the video skipped ahead several minutes and continued playing from another section, say 35:00. The times aren't exact, but it gets the point across.

Edited by nintendo424

I'm really surprised that transcoding didn't make a difference. Can you provide me with a sample file so that i can test personally? thanks.

nintendo424

I would but it's a large file, and I don't have a file service big enough to store it.