TMT6, Power DVD or WinDVD11 Pro

aquatarkus

Just as an FYI, these are the settings you can use to run AnyDVD in the background and not see any popups, tray icons, or warnings.

52c7afa0a4fea_2014010322_47_25AnyDVDHD.p

Edited by robnix

Hmm, it seems I spoke too soon. I just tried to watch a normal Blu-ray ISO (not 3D) and it launched TMT6 instead of the internal MBT player. Here are my settings in MBT:

post-251-0-67951100-1388848515_thumb.png

As you can see it is only associated with 3D movies. Can someone else please confirm this is an issue before I log it.

My MBT log is here: theater-63524480594.log

The movie type in the Movie.xml is Blu-ray which matches what I am seeing in the Metadata Manager under Source Type:

<Type>Blu-ray</Type>

And here are the external player settings in the system.xml:

<MediaPlayers>
    <PlayerConfiguration>
      <PlayerName>External Player</PlayerName>
      <MediaType>Video</MediaType>
      <FileExtensions />
      <PlayBluray>false</PlayBluray>
      <PlayDvd>false</PlayDvd>
      <Play3DVideo>true</Play3DVideo>
      <Command>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe</Command>
      <Args>{PATH} /play</Args>
      <IsoMethod>Mount</IsoMethod>
      <CloseOnStopButton>true</CloseOnStopButton>
    </PlayerConfiguration>
  </MediaPlayers>

Update: I did some more testing and all my movies are playing through TMT6 now. :-(

And I can't see a way to delete TMT6 as an external player from within MBT.

@@Luke, can you please have a look at this.

Edited by cylon

Hmm, it seems I spoke too soon. I just tried to watch a normal Blu-ray ISO (not 3D) and it launched TMT6 instead of the internal MBT player. Here are my settings in MBT:

As you can see it is only associated with 3D movies. Can someone else please confirm this is an issue before I log it.

My MBT log is here: attachicon.giftheater-63524480594.log

The movie type in the Movie.xml is Blu-ray which matches what I am seeing in the Metadata Manager:

<Type>Blu-ray</Type>

And here are the external player settings in the system.xml:

<MediaPlayers>
    <PlayerConfiguration>
      <PlayerName>External Player</PlayerName>
      <MediaType>Video</MediaType>
      <FileExtensions />
      <PlayBluray>false</PlayBluray>
      <PlayDvd>false</PlayDvd>
      <Play3DVideo>true</Play3DVideo>
      <Command>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe</Command>
      <Args>{PATH} /play</Args>
      <IsoMethod>Mount</IsoMethod>
      <CloseOnStopButton>true</CloseOnStopButton>
    </PlayerConfiguration>
  </MediaPlayers>

Check your meta data, make sure its (the image) not flagged as a 3d movie.  if its not then its time to log a ticket, btw why not just use the external player for everything until the internal one is more mature?

Edited by jdpg2

A8HTPC

So is Media Browser Theater detecting your movie as "3D"? I have Avatar 3D ripped to raw bluray format, not iso and it has no idea its 3D

Edited by A8HTPC

Check your meta data, make sure its (the image) not flagged as a 3d movie.  if its not then its time to log a ticket, btw why not just use the external player for everything until the internal one is more mature?

I did some more testing and all my movies are playing through TMT6 now. :-(

And I can't see a way to delete it from within MBT.

Can someone please post what a blank <MediaPlayers> section looks in the system.xml so I can manually edit it.

The internal player is in my opinion the best thing about MBT. It supports madVR (shits on TMT6) and the UI is nicer. I am abandoning ISOs just so I can get a more seamless experience, slowly batch converting my 400+ ISOs to 1:1 MKVs. TMT6 is unstable, has crap support and poor image quality, it may have been around a lot longer but I wouldn't call it mature.

A8HTPC

Anyone else have a video tearing issue in TMT6? I tried out their trial version but the top of the movie tends to tear with fast panning. Hardware acceleration is on. I have an AMD A8 3ghz APU with a Radeon 6550D integrated graphics. Graphics is overclocked to 900Mhz core. I am pretty sure its not my system as the internal player and Power DVD ultra 13 plays just fine.

A8HTPC

I did some more testing and all my movies are playing through TMT6 now. :-(

And I can't see a way to delete it from within MBT.

Can someone please post what a blank <MediaPlayers> section looks in the system.xml so I can manually edit it.

The internal player is in my opinion the best thing about MBT. It supports madVR (shits on TMT6) and the UI is nicer. I am abandoning ISOs just so I can get a more seamless experience, slowly batch converting my 400+ ISOs to 1:1 MKVs. TMT6 is unstable, has crap support and poor image quality, it may have been around a lot longer but I wouldn't call it mature.

I had an issue like this too. Couldn't delete the profile. I ended up finding the profile XML file and deleting the entry there. I'll try to figure out which XML file it was in.

EDIT: Here is where mine is located. I open it in notepad

C:\Users\3D VISION THEATER\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Theater\config\system.xml

Edited by A8HTPC

So is Media Browser Theater detecting your movie as "3D"? I have Avatar 3D ripped to raw bluray format, not iso and it has no idea its 3D

I am not sure what it is detecting, it is playing every single ISO in TMT6. They are a mix of Source type "3D" and "Blu-ray" as per what I have set them to in Metadata Manager.

we don't do any 3d detection. you have to follow the github library wiki to mark them as 3d

• Like 1

we don't do any 3d detection. you have to follow the github library wiki to mark them as 3d

Ok, so when I enabled TMT6 as an external player and ticked the 3D option and nothing else what is the expected behaviour?

All my ISOs are now playing in TMT6 regardless of what type is set in the Movie.xml or displayed under Source type in Metadata Manager.

Update - I should have mentioned that I am complying with the github library wiki for my 3D movies. They are all in a folder called "Blu-ray [3D]"

Edited by cylon

A8HTPC

Ah ok. I read some where I thought MBT was able to detect them as 3D. I'll look into this. Thank you

Ok, so when I enabled TMT6 as an external player and ticked the 3D option and nothing else what is the expected behaviour?

All my ISOs are now playing in TMT6 regardless of what type is set in the Movie.xml or displayed under Source type in Metadata Manager.

source type has no effect. that is only used by cover art. it depends on what the server detected your media as, based on library structure

source type has no effect. that is only used by cover art. it depends on what the server detected your media as, based on library structure

I should have mentioned that I am complying with the github library wiki for my 3D movies. They are all in a folder called "Blu-ray [3D]":

• \Blu-ray [3D]
    • \​Tangled (2010)
    • \The Avengers (2012)

Update: The CoverArt plugin is applying the correct treatments to my 3D movies which is also reliant on the library structure so I know that the structure is correct.

Edited by cylon

A8HTPC

I should have mentioned that I am complying with the github library wiki for my 3D movies. They are all in a folder called "Blu-ray [3D]":

• \Blu-ray [3D]
    • \​Tangled (2010)
    • \The Avengers (2012)

Update: The CoverArt plugin is applying the correct treatments to my 3D movies which is also reliant on the library structure so I know that the structure is correct.

I think the movie folder needs to have [3d] in it not the parent group folder. I just tried though, movie folder with [3d] or [hsbs] and the external player is set for 3d though it did not start. Metadata Manager has the 3D Format as HSBS

So "Tangled (2010) [3d]"

Though the wiki says "File name" not "Folder name", So does this only work if the movie is "Tangled (2010) [3d].mkv" ?

Edited by A8HTPC

I think the movie folder needs to have [3d] in it not the parent group folder. I just tried though, movie folder with [3d] or [hsbs] and the external player is set for 3d though it did not start. Metadata Manager has the 3D Format as HSBS

So "Tangled (2010) [3d]"

Though the wiki says "File name" not "Folder name", So does this only work if the movie is "Tangled (2010) [3d].mkv" ?

I am relying on this line from the wiki being accurate: "The MB2 conventions of [3d] and [sbs3d] are still supported and will default to HSBS."

It seems we are tackling different problems:

A8HTPC: 3D movies are not playing in TMT6

cylon: Every ISO (both 3D and non-3D) is playing with TMT6 even though MBT is set to only play 3D movies with TMT6.

A8HTPC

Did you happen to check "Blu Ray" as well? When I check both "Blu Ray" and "3D" all blu ray movies load in external player. when I check only "3D" only 3D movies should load from my understanding though nothing happens. 

I think from my experience so far:

"3D" in MBT (or MBC for that matter) means a SBS or OU 3D format (primarily for MKV) only. I do not think any of the MB softwares have ever been able to detect "real" bluray 3Ds for playback purpose.

Therefore, if you want a real Bluray 3D playback, only practical way to backup your bluray 3D is to do an ISO. (You can back-up the bluray 3Ds in folder structure, but that will consume double HD space).

And the only way to play Bluray 3D is through external player.

None of the external players support direct ISO, therefore you have to use ISO mount option in MBT.

Once you enable ISO mount in external player, all the ISO files (including DVD iso) will open in External Player.

Here is what I have done:

All my non-3D blurays are in bluray folders and I use TMT for playback as I want menu function. If you don't want menus, you can use MBT to play the folders without affecting the 3D playback.

All my 3D blurays are ISO and are played by TMT. So if you want TMT to play 3D only, you select mount in ISO and "check" only 3D in the options.

All my DVDs are in DVD Folder and are played by MBT

All my mkvs (including HSBS and HOU 3D) are played by MBT.

All other formats are played by MBT.

For those who are having issues with playback in TMT, in my setup (HTPC with Sandybridge i-2100), the only way to achieve trouble-free playback in TMT is to disable "auto-refresh" and keep the system output at 60Hz (in intel control panel). However, I do agree that the picutre quality is superior with MBT (and MPC-HC), and PowerDVD 13 as compared to TMT

• Like 1

Did you happen to check "Blu Ray" as well? When I check both "Blu Ray" and "3D" all blu ray movies load in external player. when I check only "3D" only 3D movies should load from my understanding though nothing happens. 

Blu-ray is unchecked. 

Once you enable ISO mount in external player, all the ISO files (including DVD iso) will open in External Player.

That makes sense, I'll turn off the ISO mounting and see what it does.

aquatarkus

Hi there

For those who are having issues with playback in TMT, in my setup (HTPC with Sandybridge i-2100), the only way to achieve trouble-free playback in TMT is to disable "auto-refresh" and keep the system output at 60Hz (in intel control panel). However, I do agree that the picutre quality is superior with MBT (and MPC-HC), and PowerDVD 13 as compared to TMT

From your post above, you appear to say that PowerDVD 13 along with MBT have better picture quality on playback than TMT6 or am i reading your comments incorrectly.

I see on the Cyberlink web site that they are now offering PowerDVD live on an annual subscription basis (£2.99 per month) this looks really tempting.(http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-live/features_en_GB.html)

I have purchased TMT6, took a risk with that as the trial version is different to the full version even though they say it isn't. I tried the trial version and noticed that the full version had updates etc that you couldn't download with the trial. The OEM version version of TMT that came with my Pioneer blu-ray recorder / player is only TMT5 and not possible to upgrade / update that to TMT6.

I'm very tempted to go with the PowerDVD 13 Live subscription based option if you say the quality is better with this than TMT

Also thanks for all the replies on this thread since I 1st posted it, some very interesting and useful comments and suggestions

Regards

Aquatarkus

I turned off the ISO mount option and all my movies continued to mount and play in TMT6 regardless of whether or not they are 3D.

Then I edited %appdata%\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Theater\config\system.xml and removed everything under <MediaPlayers>.

All movies played in the MBT internal player as expected.

Then I added TMT6 back again using the MBT GUI, turned on 3D and left ISO mounting off (exactly the. Now all my movies play on the MBT internal player.

I am really confused. I should have looked at the system.xml more closely before I edited it. Maybe the <IsoMethod> was still set even though I had turned it off in the GUI.

Ran a test and I can confirm that when using the built in mounter in MBT and using either external player TMT6 or PowerDVD13, Cinavia protection kicks in around 25 mins on both when AnyDVD is NOT installed.  With AnyDVD installed both players played without issue.  Tested using 7 Psychopaths

• Like 1

A8HTPC

The only very odd issue I have with PowerDVD Ultra13. Is very often once I start a movie, powerdvd does something to disable/shutoff my HDMI video. My TV looses the signal. Other players don't seem to do this including TMT6, hence the reason I tried the trial version of TMT6. I am going to play with the video drivers some more to see if that makes a difference. The only way I have found to get my video working again is to shut the TV off, press CTRL ALT DEL to get to the lock screen, turn the TV back on, and my TV will get the signal again. If I don't hit CTRL ALT DEL, and just turn the TV off and back on, it will not see a signal.

TrackZ

Has anyone been able to get the external launcher working with the desktop version of TMT6 instead of the MC player? If so, any tips?

I can get it to launch, but it won't launch and start playback.

Also, does anyone have a working setting summary picture for PDVD?

Thanks!

The only very odd issue I have with PowerDVD Ultra13. Is very often once I start a movie, powerdvd does something to disable/shutoff my HDMI video. My TV looses the signal. Other players don't seem to do this including TMT6, hence the reason I tried the trial version of TMT6. I am going to play with the video drivers some more to see if that makes a difference. The only way I have found to get my video working again is to shut the TV off, press CTRL ALT DEL to get to the lock screen, turn the TV back on, and my TV will get the signal again. If I don't hit CTRL ALT DEL, and just turn the TV off and back on, it will not see a signal.

I seem to be having less issues now that I have downgraded my AMD Radeon Drivers. Though it still happends now and then.