TMT6, Power DVD or WinDVD11 Pro

aquatarkus

aquatarkus

Hi there, running MB3 server on my server (WHS 2011) fine no problems, using MBT on htpc (working ok with only occasional issue but do appreciate that it's still an alpha at the moment.

I see most people seem to use TMT 5 or 6 as their external player just wondering if there is a specific reason for this, has anyone or is anyone using Power DVD or WinDVD11 pro or has experience of all 3.

I'm using TMT 6 OEM version that came with my new Pioneer Blu-ray recorder, while it seems to work ok i have a problem that when playing any Blu-rays (3D or 2D) it switches the refresh rate to 24p and then the picture on my 47 Samsung UE47F7000 shrinks so that it look like its playing in a window. I have set TMT6 not to change refresh rates but it still does it. never did this when I was running XBMC

I have the display set as 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz normally, I have set the display as 1920 x 1080 @24Hz but still does it, could it be something to do with Lav filters?

Graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD7750 4 gig scaling is set to 0 when running the Samsung at either setting to give me a full screen while on the desktop etc, when playing a Blu-ray I notice that the scaling has been changed to 10 in the scaling options in the Catalyst Control Center, have to pause the movie, minimise the TMT6 screen the go to CCC to see that the scaling has been changed, i then have to change the scaling back to 0 to get a full screen picture again.

It doesn't appear to do this if using TMT6 to watch a one of my ripped Blu-rays (converted to MKV)

Wondering whether to install trial copies of Power DVD and WinDVD11 pro to see if they do the same, will having all 3 on htpc cause issues?

Thanks for taking time to read.

Regards

Aquatarkus

Aquatarkus,

Not that I finally have MBT working as it should, I would like to ty and get my TMT6 configured to run as an external play.  could you post a screen shot or the config you use to get it working?

Thanks

jdpg2

jdpg2, I might be able to help with that. Here is a screenshot of my settings for TMT6 set as a external player for ISOs only. With this setup, it launches the MCE (i.e., WMC shell) player when I click to play an ISO and when I click stop, it goes right back. I haven't tried to point it to the standalone player exe since I prefer the MCE player for its quicker menus and easier access to menu controls + better compatibility with MCE/harmony remotes. The /Play argument is to automatically play the iso when it's launched in TMT. If you want it to play other file types, just select them in the this config window.

52c4fa81ec427_Externalplayerconfig.jpg

• Like 1

@@Yoda, are you also using an external program (Virtual CloneDrive/Daemon Tools Lite) to mount the ISOs or is TMT6 able to play them without it?

You'll want either TMT6 or PDVD. The bigger problem you'll run into with both MKV and ISO rips is Cinavia detection. You'll run into this 20 minutes into any movie that has Cinavia enabled. The ONLY workaround at this point is running AnyDVD alongside either TMT6 or PDVD. I don't think AnyDVD has support for WinDVD yet.

robnix, you bring up a good point.  If you don't use an external player, is Cinavia an issue?

Edited by jdpg2

@@cylon, you don't need an external mount program with MB Theatre. If you'll notice, I select the option "mount" right within the MBT settings. It has its own built in mounting system. Not sure how it does it, but you don't need anything else installed besides TMT6 and MBT. Also, with regard to Cynavia, if you use Anydvd to rip to ISO, Cynavia becomes a non-issue since the current version removes it during the process.

@@jdpg2, it's all about the process with which you rip your movies. Cynavia is removed during the ripping process, so if you use MakeMkv or AnyDVD (only two I use), the final MKV or ISO files are easily read without any problems by either the MBT internal player or TMT6. The only reason I use TMT for ISOs is for the menus. Otherwise, MBT plays ISOs just fine if all you want to play is the movie, but then why not just rip straight to Mkv for that.

• Like 1

@@Yoda, that's right I remember that Luke was working on an internal mounting solution for MBT.

I use AnyDVD to rip my 3D BD ISOs but from my experience that does not bypass Cinavia; AnyDVD needs to be running while the movie is being played. Having said that I haven't ripped a 3D BluRay in a while so maybe I should re-rip them and give it a go.

Edited by cylon

@@Yoda,

I have a media server that uses AnyDVDHD to do rips, but even with that rip Cinavia is still present.  The only Cinavia bypass that currently works is a dll that AnyDVD uses to disable it on the player software (currently only TMT, WinDVD and Nero) .  If you were to take one of those rips and burn it to a Bluray and play it strait up, Cinavia would disable the audio after 20 mins.   There is currently no way to produce a Cinavia free ISO image/copy.  The reason the MBT player works fine is it doenst have to honor Cinavia since its not a registered bluray player, if it were they would have to pay licensing fees and we would have menus working  .Hence the need for the ISO image to mount as a bluray drive so AnyDVD can be in the "mix" and remove Cinavia.

Edited by jdpg2
  • Like 2

@@jdpg2, yeap that is my experience too. @@Luke, is it possible for you to expose your mounting tool as a drive in the OS so that AnyDVD can intercept it and bypass Cinavia protection?

no it's not, however a plugin developer could write an alternative mounter that uses something different like virtual clone drive

I wonder if SlySoft would be interested in creating a Cinavia bypass for MBT. I don't have time to post something in the forums right now. Spent the whole night woking on MediaBrowser and now I am only going to get a couple of hours sleep before I go to work.  :blink:

The only reason I need this is for 3D Blu-rays. If MBT had a MVC Decoder I would convert them to MKV.

I doubt Slysoft would be interested at this time. I think they're still working on their own solution, Slyce, which is so delayed now that it's probably never going to be released. Either way, I would assume that they would prioritize working on their own software for Cinavia before helping anyone else.

You could also help with the recruiting on github. We're a pretty attractive project now. A plugin developer could whip this up in short order. It is the ongoing maintenance and support for it that I'm pushing out of the core.

I have been using TMT6 with MBT ever since it was open alpha. I think MBT uses in built mounter in MBserver, can't say for sure as I have VCD installed (from long ago, when I was using MBC), but I will uninstall VCD and let you know.

Here are my settings in MBT for using TMT6 as external player. I am using it for BD folder and ISO (for 3D BDs):

ISO Support: Mount

External Player: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe

Command line arguments: {PATH} /PLAY

OP: You need to make sure that before using MBT you atleast open uMCEPlayer6 once on its own while not playing anything and adjust settings that you want. (eg. default audio output options, setup your display, set up autorefresh). These settings are not carried from standalone TMT6.

• Like 1

On the Cineavia note: I am using AnyDVD, but once its installed and confirmed working, you can go in system tray, right click and select disable anydvd. This way, it will not pop up everytime an ISO is mounted but will still disable Cinavia while playing bluray folders and ISOs. Using TMT as above (WMC player) with MBT and anydvd (disabled) I can play everything bluray seamless.

Thanks devs for creating this awesome piece of software and getting rid of WMC from the picture (which never worked seamless and troublefree for me).

• Like 1

It worked! I am watching Frankenweenie (2012) 3D Blu-ray ISO from MBT using TMT6 with AnyDVD HD bypassing Cinavia - awesome!

I don't have any ISO mounting software installed. MBT mounts the ISO internally and doesn't expose it to the OS (there is no virtual drive for AnyDVD HD to scan).

As mentioned by @vj950 AnyDVD HD does not need to be enabled on any drive which speeds things up dramatically when hitting the play button.

Make sure you turn on "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" under AnyDVD HD > Settings... > Program Settings

Update: Don't follow these steps, MBT doesn't seem to be able to know the difference between a non-3D ISO and a 3D one so now all ISO movies are playing with TMT6. And there is no way to delete the external player from within MBT. You need to manually edit config files. I'll update this post when it is resolved.

Edited by cylon
  • Like 1

My AnyDVDHD is not detecting any drives when the iso is mounted. Is this what you all are seeing as well?

Yes, that is normal. MBT has an internal mounter that doesn't expose the act of mounting the ISO to the OS. You can disable AnyDVD HD for all drives and just turn on "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" and it will work.

It worked! I am watching Frankenweenie (2012) 3D Blu-ray ISO from MBT using TMT6 with AnyDVD HD bypassing Cinavia - awesome!

I don't have any ISO mounting software installed. MBT mounts the ISO internally and doesn't expose it to the OS (there is no virtual drive for AnyDVD HD to scan).

As mentioned by @vj950 AnyDVD HD does not need to be enabled on any drive which speeds things up dramatically when hitting the play button.

Make sure you turn on "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" under AnyDVD HD > Settings... > Program Settings

That's awesome!