Live TV Time-Shifting Observations on Different Clients

mit3gt

mit3gt

Hello.  I just decided to add a roku to try out with emby.  I already have multiple android nexus player clients that I mainly use.  They work well with Live TV using the serverwmc backend.  I signed up for emby premier mainly for the Live TV functionality.  My biggest complaint with Live TV is the lack of time-shifting.  My android clients will not time-shift a Live TV stream.  Enter the roku, the interface may not look as nice as the android client (no grid style epg), but one thing I noticed that the roku does do, is time-shift a Live TV stream.  I can play a Live TV stream on the roku and rewind and fast forward the stream while it is playing.  I cannot do this on the android clients.  I was just curious as to why this is?  Is the Roku handling playback of the Live TV stream differently then the nexus player?  Really love the work you guys have done so far.  I really want to keep using emby, or find the right device to use with emby that does what I want.  Its always a trade off, roku seems to time-shift but does not have the nice epg guide, while the nexus player has the nice epg guide but does not time-shift.

Edited by mit3gt

Hi, welcome. We haven't really find through all the apps and implemented time shift yet. We'll get there though.