Server keeps crashing when browsing movies.

julianb

julianb
Been using emby server for years now, and I really have never ever had any problems with the server. Until now. After last update "3.0.5934.0" the server keeps crashing everytime I browse trough all movies, or do some searches. 

I don't know why. I attached the log. 

log.txt

server-63606256449.txt

Edited by julianb

Hi, since the log looks fine, I would try removing plugins and seeing if the issue persists with the core server. Thanks.

julianb

Hi, since the log looks fine, I would try removing plugins and seeing if the issue persists with the core server. Thanks.

Okay, I don't have many plugins installed, but looks like removing pushbullet worked. Not a big deal for me anyway, haven't used that plugin  for a year now. 

Thanks

I'm really surprised that one would have any effect, but thanks for the info.

houseaddict

I've got the same issue it seems, however I have no plugins installed. Always crashes when browsing movies, seems to happen on the app and on the browser.

Get this in event log 

Application: MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
   at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWandInterop.MagickReadImage(IntPtr, System.String)
   at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand.OpenImage(System.String)
   at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand..ctor(System.String)
   at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Int32, Int32, Int32, MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions, MediaBrowser.Model.Drawing.ImageFormat)
   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>d__7.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Start[[Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>d__7, Emby.Drawing, Version=3.0.5934.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<ProcessImage>d__7 ByRef)
   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>d__f.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Start[[MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>d__f, MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5934.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<GetImageResult>d__f ByRef)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImageResult(MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.IHasImages, MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageRequest, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.ItemImageInfo, Boolean, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Model.Drawing.ImageFormat>, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IImageEnhancer>, System.Nullable`1<System.TimeSpan>, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<System.String,System.String>, Boolean)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageRequest, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.IHasImages, Boolean)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.Get(MediaBrowser.Api.Images.GetItemImage)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Execute(ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Execute(ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, System.Object, System.Object, System.String)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRequestExec`2[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Execute(ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, System.Object, System.Object)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.ManagedServiceExec(ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExecFn, ServiceStack.IService, ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, System.Object)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController+<>c__DisplayClassf.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__d(ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, System.Object)
   at ServiceStack.HostContext.ExecuteService(System.Object, ServiceStack.Web.IRequest)
   at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.GetResponse(ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, System.Object)
   at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(ServiceStack.Web.IRequest, ServiceStack.Web.IResponse, System.String)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(ServiceStack.Web.IHttpRequest, System.Uri)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpListener.ProcessRequestAsync(SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerContext)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpListener.InitTask(SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerContext)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Fixed it seemingly by uninstalling and deleting all cache files and then reinstalling, but then it crashed again.

Server logs here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79046412/server-63598952277.txt
Edited by houseaddict

Hmm, that's some kind of error being thrown by image magick that we're unable to catch for whatever reason.

houseaddict

Hmm, that's some kind of error being thrown by image magick that we're unable to catch for whatever reason.

I've tried the stable build and the beta build and it seems to be the same with both, if I had to guess I think it might be one of the recent movies I added... Might try and experiment.

Edit : Nope, not that. Removed the recent movies, still the same.

Edited by houseaddict

houseaddict

Well, I deleted all metadata from the movies folder and it seems ok now. I think some of the recently added ones metadata might have caused it, will try to isolate which one.

Well, I deleted all metadata from the movies folder and it seems ok now. I think some of the recently added ones metadata might have caused it, will try to isolate which one.

It's probably an image file that image magick is failing on for whatever reason.

• 2 months later...
julianb

How much space do you have on your c: drive, out of curiosity?

I know this is a time ago, but the problem reappeared today. Server crashes when i browse the movie collection in emby theater or in the browser (chrome/IE). 

Attached a new log file. Don't know why this happens.

I know this is a time ago, but the problem reappeared today. Server crashes when i browse the movie collection in emby theater or in the browser (chrome/IE). 

Attached a new log file. Don't know why this happens.

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

System.IO.IOException

I would run diagnostics such as chkdsk to look for hard drive failures.

julianb
	The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

System.IO.IOException

I would run diagnostics such as chkdsk to look for hard drive failures.

Okay will do. Thanks