Emby theater not showing up in remote control

the1legend

the1legend

I have Emby theater installed on a PC that is used for whole house audio. Through any client I can remotely control this to play music, podcast, etc. The issue that I'm having is that after some time (several hours), this ET is not showing up in the remote control list. I can go to this PC and directly control it (so it has not crashed) but I can't see it in the list again until I close ET and start it back up. It would seem that Emby Server just forgets about that ET running if no one touches it for a while. Is there some timeout setting that I can override or does anyone have a better solution to accomplish this? Subsonic had the perfect solution for this but I'm working towards a single backend... I'm so close! :) Thanks! 

Hi, i think the socket connection between the app and the server is idling and eventually closing. i'll have to see if there's some way we can prevent that. in the meantime, i don't think you need to restart the app. just navigating a screen or two will cause it to check and reconnect.

the1legend

@@Luke As a follow up to this, I find that after several hours of this install of ET being at idle I can not select anything to watch or listen to. You are correct that I do not have to exit the app but I found that I need to select a server to connect to, so my server is forgetting about this ET after it has been at idle for some time. I would like to have the option to keep this ET alive, having my family login into this PC to select the server to refresh the connection between the app and the server is too much of a hassle for my family (I know, first world problems). Having this as an option might get more SubSonic converts as this is a great feature build into it. As I have mentioned before I'm no programmer but I make a great guinea big and I'm willing to test. I'm on the beta chain of Emby server and ET. Thanks