File no longer available / path subs

Martijn76
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Martijn76

Hi,

I currently have Emby running on my unraid machine without too many problems. I'm using it with spmc on a nvidia shield and zidoo x6 pro.

However I ran into something strange this evening.

Most of my movies and series are on user-shares with a path substitution for Emby. Since my protected array is quite full I added two 'todo'-folders for movies and series that haven't been added to the array (directly on the cache-drive) so that I could add them to Emby anyway. Made the appropriate path substitutions and thought it would be okay.

Until I wanted to watch one of the series in the \serie_todo\..-folder which failed (file not available, etc.). This happened on the zidoo, but I don't expect this to be a client-side problem. By the way: Everything is scraped correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

Checking now: might not have added the actual path substitutions (just the mapping in unraid)

Result: no success, it seems to add the new subs path to the old prefix (smb://ipaddress/videosmb://ipaddress/cache/serie_todo) unfortunately cannot continue working on it at the moment, will return soon with new tried options and results

Edited by Martijn76

Hi, welcome. Where exactly are you seeing this error? What Emby app are you trying to play media with?

Martijn76

Hi Luke, thank you; I use spmc as a client, I'll try and do a complete rebuild of the db this morning.

• Solution
Angelblue05

If you are using direct paths (native playback) with emby for kodi, then you need to do a reset of the database in the add-on launcher to have the latest path substitution. Using plugin paths (addon playback) pulls path in real time, so you shouldn't have this issue... You can find the setting in emby for kodi configs > sync options :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Martijn76

Yep, I used the direct paths (don't exactly know why actually, probably to put as little strain as possible on my low-power server, not sure if it's an issue).

I rebuild the db and everything seems fine :-)

• Like 1