Embedded Subtitles Not Displaying

nintendo424

nintendo424

Hi, I've been trying to watch various shows I have with embedded subtitles through VLC and BubbleUPNP via DLNA. Subtitles and dual audio options are unavailable through both options. Any tips? Is it a bug? I can take screenshots as necessary.

Hi, a couple things - whether audio or subtitle tracks are used by default is dictated by your language preferences, which you can control by clicking the user icon in the top right of the web interface.

Second, it sounds like the files are transcoding. I am updating the dlna profiles for bubble and vlc to be more like the Kodi profile so that it will just direct play everything. that will get you the in-app menus. If you're running windows, the change should be available for testing on the beta channel by tomorrow. Thanks.

nintendo424

Hi, a couple things - whether audio or subtitle tracks are used by default is dictated by your language preferences, which you can control by clicking the user icon in the top right of the web interface.

Second, it sounds like the files are transcoding. I am updating the dlna profiles for bubble and vlc to be more like the Kodi profile so that it will just direct play everything. that will get you the in-app menus. If you're running windows, the change should be available for testing on the beta channel by tomorrow. Thanks.

Amazing! Thanks for the work. :) I'll be looking forward to it!