cast member deleted upon cast member refresh

kcdh

Hi,  

I refreshed an actor whose photo was not being and whom I knew had a photo in TMDB.  Instead of refreshing the actor, he was was deleted from the show.  I've tried to refresh the show both from the show's page as well as through metadata manager, but the actor still doesn't show up.  I am aware of this occurring at least once before (few days ago)  but I didn't report it.  Is this a bug?  My concern is considering the actor photos don't always display thus requiring a refresh of the actor, when this is done quickly for multiple actors in a series, the user might miss that the actor was deleted.  I've attached a log file.  The show is "First Among Equals" and the cast member is David Robb.  Also, I've attempted to add the cast member manually, but he still is not displayed.  This isn't contained in the log file, I can attach another if necessary. 

Thanks!

Log-2.txt.zip

Edited by kcdh

when you click the refresh button for the show you are replacing your local data with internet data, so yes, if the internet data has changed then that would explain it

The internet data has not changed.  This is a situation where the photo does not initially appear (from what I understand, this is a known issue?), so I clicked on the cast member, then clicked refresh, then back arrowed to the show and the cast member was gone instead of their photo present.  

ok, i've never seen this happen before. please discuss a specific example. thanks.

My example is what i mentioned in the first post.  As not all cast photos are always displayed (a known issue which Ive verified on these forums), I proceeded to perform what appears to be the only resolution which is to, on the series page, click on the actor whose photo is missing, click refresh on the actor's page, and then click the arrow to return to the series main page.  Almost every time this has worked as it should, but once previously (I don't recall the series and actor) and then today when I click back to the series page, the actor is no longer there.  I've verified this through metadata manager and I've tried refreshing the series on the series page as well as within metadata manager.  I saved a log and attached it to my first post.  The series is "First Among Equals" and the actor is David Robb.  I then attempted to manually add him to the series but once I save and go back, he isn't there.  These last steps are not in the log file.  

This has occurred once again.  The series is Grafters and the actor is Maurice Rio. I followed the same procedure as described earlier and he was deleted as opposed to displayed with photo or displayed without change if a photo doesn't exist in TMDB (that applies to this instance).  I've attached a log file.

Log-3.txt.zip

Ok, i've been testing. Is it possible that after refreshing the actor's name has changed? That could explain why it's being removed from the movie or series. Instead of refreshing the actor, try refreshing the movie or series and see if that brings in the actor images. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, computer has been in the shop.  This happened again this morning with TV added earlier today.  I have attached the log file.  The Show is Perfect Strangers (2001), TVDB number 271808, and the actor is JJ Feild.  His picture was not displayed, so I clicked on it, refreshed, and the he was no longer present.  

Also, is there a less tedious workaround to ensuring the actors' photos are displayed other than clicking each one individually?  Will this issue be resolved soon?

Thanks!

- i think i identified what happened in this instance - theTVDB info wasn't entered properly - it utilized the IMDB season id rather than the series id.

Log-4.txt.zip

Edited by kcdh

if you refresh the series or movie, it should pull actor images at that point, assuming you have emby internet metadata features enabled (they are by default).