Feature Request photo viewer

joehoppe

joehoppe

Hey,

i haven't found any similar topic here. I use the photo feature of Emby a lot because tones of photos they have not enough space on my Macbook.

#1 On the iOS App i miss the pinch-zoom feature to show some details in a picture.

#2 Would it be possible to preload the next 4 pictures for a better swipe feeling whitout seeing the circle spinner every time?

That would be nice :)

Cheers!

• Like 5

Thanks, good feedback. I'm adding some preloading for the next release. We can look at pinch zooming in the future too.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
joehoppe

Hey there,

i am into photos again. And there are still some bugs over!

(I also startet a topic for the web app: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49272-photos-improvements/)

Here a list of improvements that would be nice in the next time:

Storage

The App is way faster than the webapp. But i noticed a lot of storage consumption causing by viewing a lot of photo albums. Could a algorithm solve this by removing this files after a while? My last emby iOS installation was over 2.3 GB.

Pinch zoom

This is important if you show some pictures to friends and family members. In funny situations you can not zoom into the picture. This is a have to, requested over a year ago!

Endless scrolling

The paginator on photos is annoying. If you have a lot of photos and you don't know a position of a picture just scrolling would be nice. In this case i would prefer a endless scrolling mechanic to view my photos. Would this be posible? (same like in the webapp)

Detail view not working with pagination

If you click on a picture it shows in fullscreen. This works well on page one and two. But on page three and every page after it shows only the first picture of the folder. (same like in the webapp)

Orientation change

If you have a pictrue in fullscreen the view fits perfect to the screen. But if you change the position (it doesn't matter in wich direction) the view keeps the old format. This looks bad and like a bug. A workaround is to close the detail view and open it again.

It would be nice if emby could improve this here a bit instead of always improving the movie and series section or the tv section. I think they work very well so its finally time for the photos section ;)  or what do you think?

Thanks! :)

Edited by joehoppe
  • Like 2

happpyg

Y

Hey there,

i am into photos again. And there are still some bugs over!

(I also startet a topic for the web app: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49272-photos-improvements/)

Here a list of improvements that would be nice in the next time:

Storage

The App is way faster than the webapp. But i noticed a lot of storage consumption causing by viewing a lot of photo albums. Could a algorithm solve this by removing this files after a while? My last emby iOS installation was over 2.3 GB.

Pinch zoom

This is important if you show some pictures to friends and family members. In funny situations you can not zoom into the picture. This is a have to, requested over a year ago!

Endless scrolling

The paginator on photos is annoying. If you have a lot of photos and you don't know a position of a picture just scrolling would be nice. In this case i would prefer a endless scrolling mechanic to view my photos. Would this be posible? (same like in the webapp)

Detail view not working with pagination

If you click on a picture it shows in fullscreen. This works well on page one and two. But on page three and every page after it shows only the first picture of the folder. (same like in the webapp)

Orientation change

If you have a pictrue in fullscreen the view fits perfect to the screen. But if you change the position (it doesn't matter in wich direction) the view keeps the old format. This looks bad and like a bug. A workaround is to close the detail view and open it again.

It would be nice if emby could improve this here a bit instead of always improving the movie and series section or the tv section. I think they work very well so its finally time for the photos section ;)  or what do you think?

Thanks! :)

I would be keen on all this too!  I have not added photos back into my new Emby install until the performance issues caused by a recent update are fixed, details here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29395-photos-squashed-not-rotated/?p=457737

Pinch to zoom I am very keen on as well and I know it's been a feature request for a long time, also the ability to search for a folder (just the folder names containing photos, not the filenames themselves), requested here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43757-search-include-folder-names/

Not sure if all that will make it to production, I hope so as these features are the only reason I'm still running Plex in parallel with Emby.

• 2 years later...