Error: Live TV with ServerWMC

jj-99

jj-99

Hi - I just recently "caught the bug" and added Emby to my HTPC with External HDHomeRun EXTEND tuners set.  Everything is working OK when using Emby's built-in tuner support.  However, when switching to ServerWMC (plug in added, "built-in" (now duplicate) tuner disabled) Live TV is not working (Windows Explorer and Chrome Clients).  

Please find attached combined log files from Emby, User GUI Error Message, and ServerWMC).  Help is appreciated!

On a separate (possibly related) note on the HTTP Server tab on ServerWMC the service has not been enabled (also see attachment) - currently have a port conflict.  However, is this optional?  Does it affect performance/features?

Additionally, best with by tuner setup to have at least the video portion not transcoded (H.264) - presuming the client of course can accept natively.  Will the latest and greatest Emby server support this?  Any particular settings to make sure happens? (Tuner Transcode Configuration attached)

Thanks,

Joe

post-131374-0-79642400-1462853555_thumb.jpg

post-131374-0-47711700-1462853556_thumb.jpg

ServerWMCandEmbyLogs.log

Hi, you need the http option enabled for Emby. As far as transcoding optimization, right now the built-in support is further ahead than the plugin so you'll want to use that for best results.

krustyreturns

As far as serverwmc goes:

you don't need the http option in serverwmc for emby, but if the problem with the http service is just a port conflict you can change the port serverwmc uses for http with this setting:

<WcfPort>9180</WcfPort>

You didn't include all of the serverwmc log so I can't see all the non-default settings, but it looks like you are running in dlna mode in serverwmc and this mode does not require you start the http service.  Not sure, but from your log it looks like serverwmc might be making a mistake in forming the dlna address.  If you want to pursue it further, I need the whole serverwmc log. 

jj-99

Hi - Thanks for the quick replies and all that you do to develop and support this!

OK - found entry for port in config file for serverwmc.  A couple of questions - with ServerWMC and Emby on the same PC/Network I presume I only have to open firewall on PC running serverwmc, as opposed to firewall to the internet connection (on router), correct?  Also, does this port (change) also have to be set on the Emby side?

I have attached the full serverwmc log file for further troubleshooting.

Thanks!

ServerWMC_20160509.log

krustyreturns

Serverwmc needs to open a socket connection to communicate with the emby plugin, this by default is port 9080.  You have changed it to 9070, so yeah you need to change this in the serverwmc plugin-in also.  You are correct about the firewall setting.

If you want to enable the http service in serverwmc also, it by default, uses port 9180.  You can change this port, using the setting in my previous post,, but it doesn't have a corresponding change on the emby side.  Again though, you are using dlna for live-tv so there is no reason to enable this http service if you don't  want to.  If you do enable it, it will automatically open a port in the firewall (if you let it).

When you can, post the log one more time, only try to open a live stream before you post.  Is the problem only with live-tv, i.e. can you already play wtv files?

Edited by krustyreturns

jj-99

Yes, I have set port 9070 on both Emby and ServerWMC.

Regarding http service on default port 9180:  will this provide for additional features/performance with or without DNLA enabled?

In the most recently posted (full) serverwmc log the request for live stream occurs at 2016/05/09 17:06:36.814.

Originally, I had no problem playing previously recorded wtv files (recorded through WMC). I was also able to record through Emby.  However, none will play (Video Error) now.  

I will do a fresh reboot and capture both request of Live TV and playback of recorded TV and post the log files.

Thanks.

jj-99

Hi -

Managed to get port 9180 opened:  Windows Firewall was corrupt, after repairing status OK per attached NewServerWMC_HTTP Settings File.  Note that URLs now set enabled for Live TV.

After a reboot, attempted to watch live TV, followed by an attempt to watch an Emby recorded (WTV) file.  Both failed.  Note that WMC will play the same recorded file OK.

I have attached all corresponding log files.

Thanks!

EmbyLog.htm

LiveTVLog.htm

post-131374-0-77470300-1462913090_thumb.jpg

RecordedTVLog.htm

ServerWMCLog.log

krustyreturns

Thanks for the swmc log, I found the bug in the live-tv dlna address.  I'm not sure why you aren't able to play a wtv file though and I don't see it in the log you posted.  Can you post another log where you attempt to play the a wtv file?  After we sort out what is going on there I'll put up a fix that should take care of the live-tv bug.

krustyreturns

I looked at the emby logs you posted and I can see where you are trying to play the wtv file, but for some reason the transcode is failing in emby.  @@Luke please look at the 'embylog' and the  'recordedtvlog' he posted and see if you can see why the transcode fails.

krustyreturns

Thanks.  I don't know what is wrong with the transcode but that's where it is failing.  For recordings, swmc isn't doing much, it is just telling emby where the wtv file is located and sending some video parameters.  It maybe that something has changed in the emby interface and swmc needs to send some new parameter to get the transcode to work know.  We need Luke or one of the emby guys to clue us in. 

Can you please provide plain text versions of the emby log files? Also if you could avoid renaming them, that would help me identify what's what from a glance. Thanks.

jj-99

Here you go - Emby log files for the latest test above.   FYI: when I click to open files from the browser GUI the file names are not kept and of XML type (tried saving as txt but lost formatting from Chrome) - however, was able to get then through the file explorer without typing the rather lengthy file names.

server-63598490386.txt

transcode-e6ea11ed-713a-49f8-a79a-bde67e911681.txt

Can you provide transcoding log from Chrome and description of your experience in Chrome? what is the problem you are having there?

jj-99

Same problem of not playing video - have not tried after opening http port 9180 however.  If helpful I can get log files tomorrow morning. Live TV or recorded wtv file?

Yes logs and can you please describe what not playing means? Do you get an error message? Does it start and then stop, etc. Thanks.

jj-99

No video ever shows.  For Live TV Emby GUI pop up window says:

"Video Error

There was an error playing the video.

Please ensure there is an open tuner availalble.

Got It"

(available misspelt ;))

Behind there is a "player" window - all black apart from controls.

Only have option to click on "Got It"

OK I will get Chrome logs.   Live TV or recorded wtv file case?

krustyreturns

@@jj-99

you should do the recorded tv case, since the live-tv streams have a dlna bug in swmc.

jj-99

OK - so with (Emby) recorded TV I have:

Using Chrome client on remote Win7 PC: playback works! - although FF doesn't appear to work.

Using IE11 client on Emby server Win7 PC: Does not play (screen capture and Emby log files attached)

Using IE11 client on (same) remote Win7 PC: Does not play (same error message on screen as above)

post-131374-0-36230400-1462989197_thumb.jpg

server-63598559125.txt

transcode-8a0d5a3e-6a65-4aca-a333-0c5b3f199cf1.txt

Ok, I think we probably need to think about taking video playback away from IE11 on Win 7, or at least live tv-related playback. Unfortunately at this stage the browser is just too difficult to work with. That's why you get the repeated "try a modern browser" prompts. 

Please note - IE11 on Windows 8 and Windows 10 has additional features that makes playback possible. It's IE11 on Windows 7 that is the problem.

So the answer here is try a modern browser such as Chrome, Opera or Firefox. I really hate the idea of taking away browser choice but unfortunately IE on Windows 7 just doesn't have a big enough audience anymore for us to invest more time into it.