Emby Showing up Twice in DLNA from QNAP Emby Server and LG TV

Fieperskaivu

Fieperskaivu

Good afternoon,

As the title says it's a pretty straightforward issue that as far as I can tell is just aesthetic and doesn't actually impact anything, I've just been trying to get rid of it myself for some time and thought I'd see if this is anything anyone else has run into in the past.

Emby shows up twice on my LG TV as a DLNA source. Both work perfectly, not sure why there are two, but they are identical. If I had content, it shows up in both. I believe this happened when I updated Emby a couple of versions ago. My theory is that I did not shut down the server before updating, which may have left the old one somehow running the background?

Is there a way to track down and eliminate the old one without causing issues with the up to date version, or is there something else that could be causing this. Let me know what logs I can provide to help identify the issue, I'm not really sure how to get them since I started hosting the server on my QNAP NAS instead of my Windows PC, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks!

Hi, I think it's because the server is broadcasting on multiple ip addresses and the devices are detecting more than one. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this on my test devices which is why it's still an open issue. I tried to put in a fix for it a few months back and it ended up causing more harm than good. But rest assured once i see it happen myself, I'll get it taken care of.

• Like 1

Fieperskaivu

Thanks for the quick response! As I said it's not a functional issue so I can put up with it for now, just wanted to see if it had already been resolved.

Let me know if there's anything I can give you that may help. Have a good one.