Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

throgmorton

Throg,

any plans/thoughts yet on possibly reduce the price or working with Ebr to pass-through the licenses a bit at all? those who bought some/all of them for mb2.x maybe get a discount on repurchasing for emby....

just wondering if you thought about that yet

I may be able to setup up a simple link to pay direct for all themes at like 50% discount but it would be a manual process as I do have the ability to add my themes to and Emby supporter key. All I would need is your email address used for Emby.

throgmorton

I put a bundle together in each of the theme descriptions where you can buy all themes at 50% discount, similar to what I had in MB2.  Although as Ebr said Emby doesn't support this so I will have to manually do this once I recevie the paypal notification, so it won't be instantaneous.

• Like 1

rms8

Did you have an opportunity yet to see what I was talking about when trying to play music?  The theme treats it as if it were a movie vs. a CD.  There is no ability to select an individual track, and many of the detail views wont even display the track list.

Thanks Throg!

throgmorton

Did you have an opportunity yet to see what I was talking about when trying to play music? The theme treats it as if it were a movie vs. a CD. There is no ability to select an individual track, and many of the detail views wont even display the track list.

Thanks Throg!

Sorry no I haven't, I was looking more into Emby Theatre.

I will try and look at it this week although I don't have access to my collection abroad so some of these features maybe more difficult to look at. I will try and set up a dummy album this week to test. In MB 2.6 I believe music was an additional plugin. Is it now standard in Emby?

rms8

Sorry no I haven't, I was looking more into Emby Theatre.

In MB 2.6 I believe music was an additional plugin. Is it now standard in Emby?

I think Music has always been part of MB, but I never used it a lot back then.  Now I have my entire collection on a HDD and use it as frequently as movies.  I think you could test it with just a few MP3's or what ever file format you use.  You would want more than a single song in an "album" so that you can try and select one vs. the other.

And just FYI regarding the Play vs Quick Play.

I tried pressing the actual "play button" on the remote last night, but it did nothing.  My only option to start the movie was to select the "Play" button from the menu.  That went through the Intros.  There currently is no option for a "Quick Play" to skip the Intros if one chooses.

Thanks again Throg!

throgmorton

I think Music has always been part of MB, but I never used it a lot back then.  Now I have my entire collection on a HDD and use it as frequently as movies.  I think you could test it with just a few MP3's or what ever file format you use. 

I'm pretty sure it wasn't when I started, I forget who originally created it but I think Ebr picked it up when the original designer disappeared.  Anyways I'll try setting up a test this week to see if I can get something working or at least understand the issue.

I tried pressing the actual "play button" on the remote last night, but it did nothing.  My only option to start the movie was to select the "Play" button from the menu.  That went through the Intros.  There currently is no option for a "Quick Play" to skip the Intros if one chooses.

Ok I like to keep my interfaces clean as I can so I will look how the two are implemented and I will most likely tie the quick play to the play button on the remote to avoid having to put another button or popup asking if you want standard or quick play.

Thanks again Throg!

Did you try hitting the play button on your remote from the list screen (without entering the details screen)?

throgmorton

Did you try hitting the play button on your remote from the list screen (without entering the details screen)?

I believe it should as doing it that way triggers Item.PlayAction which I believe skips all trailers/intros. I should be easily able to call the same thing on the details page and simply tie it to the play button as well I just never thought of it as I don't use trailers/intros...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throgmorton

It appears as if your themes (at least Maelstrom) are handling music the same as if it were a movie.  The screen has all the same options as if the CD were actually a movie.  This is what my eye is telling me anyway.

So from what I can tell its only the Maelstrom theme as every other theme I looked at you can simply select the song you want from the list...  correct?

Also @@rms8 can you confirm what Ebr mentioned... If you press the play button when your NOT on the details screen (say coverflow for example) does it skip your intros?  As I can add the rules to allow this to the details screen I just want to make sure that it works.

epayson85

Any chance of enabling a trial or having links to videos of these themes?  I don't mind paying, but I want to see if they are worth the $10.  I have tried all the free themes... there are even a couple I really like but they are very slow even on an i5 processor.  Chocolate is still my go to theme at this point since its got all the features I want and runs perfectly.  From what I have seen from pictures, the themes look great but would love to see how well they work.

rms8

So from what I can tell its only the Maelstrom theme as every other theme I looked at you can simply select the song you want from the list...  correct?

Also @@rms8 can you confirm what Ebr mentioned... If you press the play button when your NOT on the details screen (say coverflow for example) does it skip your intros?  As I can add the rules to allow this to the details screen I just want to make sure that it works.

Throg,

I pressed the Play button on the remote from the view just before the details view and it DID skip the Intros and went straight to the movie, just like the "Quick View" feature.

• Like 1

throgmorton

Any chance of enabling a trial or having links to videos of these themes?  I don't mind paying, but I want to see if they are worth the $10.  I have tried all the free themes... there are even a couple I really like but they are very slow even on an i5 processor.  Chocolate is still my go to theme at this point since its got all the features I want and runs perfectly.  From what I have seen from pictures, the themes look great but would love to see how well they work.

From my understanding is that they should be under trial for 14 days upon first install of the themes, just simply install them through the configuration->plugin->plugin catalog and you should be able to test out all the themes even Destiny which will allow you to pick and choose the views from all my themes.

throgmorton

Throg,

I pressed the Play button on the remote from the view just before the details view and it DID skip the Intros and went straight to the movie, just like the "Quick View" feature.

Perfect so I will add the code to each detail screen so the you can simply press play on those screens to be able to skip intros while selecting the play button will play as normal with the intros.

Edited by throgmorton

rms8

.....even Destiny which will allow you to pick and choose the views from all my themes.

WUT?

I had all your themes on MB2/3, but i guess I never realized this?  That's pretty awesome!  Would you have to have purchased each theme which you may want to use a view from in Destiny?

Edited by rms8

throgmorton

WUT?

I had all your themes on MB2/3, but i guess I never realized this? That's pretty awesome! Would you have to have purchased each theme which you may want to use a view from in Destiny?

Yeah that was the idea when I designed it so that user could just pick and purchase only the themes they were interested in, and not have to pay for all of them.

So in essence most themes only have 1 EHS, 5 views, 1 detail page. Under destiny if you own all my themes you had the choice of 10 EHSs, 50 views, and 10 details page. Not too mention plenty of customization options per folder.

• Like 1

From my understanding is that they should be under trial for 14 days upon first install of the themes, just simply install them through the configuration->plugin->plugin catalog and you should be able to test out all the themes even Destiny which will allow you to pick and choose the views from all my themes.

This is correct.

rms8

This is correct.

This question is for the EMBY Staff....

ebr,

is there/will there be a place on the EMBY site/forums where we can browse the themes and their various views?  I know we can simply download them and try them out, but I like to avoid uninstalling stuff which I don't need/want.

throgmorton

ebr,

is there/will there be a place on the EMBY site/forums where we can browse the themes and their various views? I know we can simply download them and try them out, but I like to avoid uninstalling stuff which I don't need/want.

I'm not sure that is possible as these themes are written for WMC and I don't think you can view externally. Possibly if I can get them working under Emby Theatre then maybe they can be viewed externally.

ebr,

is there/will there be a place on the EMBY site/forums where we can browse the themes and their various views?  I know we can simply download them and try them out, but I like to avoid uninstalling stuff which I don't need/want.

Just the plug-in catalog on the server...

epayson85

Ok they do work even though they say trial has expired... very odd.  BUT OMG... I am probably buying all of them.  They work so smooth! Even on my test PC! How are your themes this good?  There are so many configurations too I mean my god!  Just incredible work.  Well done sir.

Throg spent a LOT of time on these back in the day.  You are seeing years of work.

I can't wait until he starts building themes for Theater :).

• Like 3

epayson85

Throg spent a LOT of time on these back in the day.  You are seeing years of work.

I can't wait until he starts building themes for Theater :).

I always had issues with MB2, who knows maybe throg's themes would have done the trick.  Mymovies ended up suiting my needs for a while with great stability but less features.  Emby has come a long way though and now throg's themes just really improves on it.  If he can do this type of work on Theater I will absolutely be leaving WMC, at least as a front end.

throgmorton

Ok they do work even though they say trial has expired... very odd.  BUT OMG... I am probably buying all of them.  They work so smooth! Even on my test PC! How are your themes this good?  There are so many configurations too I mean my god!  Just incredible work.  Well done sir.

Thanks, yeah as ebr said it was done over many years, tweaking code trying to get the best performance and clean look.

@@rms8 I uploaded 4.0.0.2 versions of all my themes this should add the quick play on the details screen by simply pressing play, I also added the proper song scroller for the Maelstrom theme so hopefully you can select individual songs now.  Let me know.

WUT?

I had all your themes on MB2/3, but i guess I never realized this?  That's pretty awesome!  Would you have to have purchased each theme which you may want to use a view from in Destiny?

Yeah that was the idea when I designed it so that user could just pick and purchase only the themes they were interested in, and not have to pay for all of them.

So in essence most themes only have 1 EHS, 5 views, 1 detail page. Under destiny if you own all my themes you had the choice of 10 EHSs, 50 views, and 10 details page. Not too mention plenty of customization options per folder.

That's what makes the Throgsoft themes so unique. You just arrow up to the top of the screen with your remote and select the theme you want for the screen you're in. Once selected, it remembers what you picked. 
I can simultaneously use the Kismet theme for my home page, Coverflow from the Default theme for my documentary subfolders (Nature, History, Science, ect), and Coverflow from the Supremacy theme for the individual documentaries inside the subfolders. Nothing else is this configurable.
Edited by rrrn

rms8

@@rms8 I uploaded 4.0.0.2 versions of all my themes this should add the quick play on the details screen by simply pressing play, I also added the proper song scroller for the Maelstrom theme so hopefully you can select individual songs now.  Let me know.

I just went to my machine and loaded several of your other themes to re-familiarize myself with them.  All the themes say they are version 4.0.0.1 including Maelstrom.

How should I get 4.0.0.2 on there to test it out?