Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

rms8

... so if it were to be done it would have to be an option (default off).

Please make it optional!!!!

My family and i love that feature.  We can quickly scan through recent additions and see which movies will end before "bedtime".  Yeah, I know the math is simple, but so is my family..... ;)

Destiny and all themes should work exactly how they functioned before.

That's great news! I'm another one of those Media Browser 2.6.2 holdouts. I currently run Emby server and Theater to take advantage of the new features and stay up-to-date, but still use Media Browser 2.6.2 with your Throgsoft themes most of the time. Your multi-theme setup under Destiny enables me to organize and display my custom (manually entered) metadata like nothing else can. Theater and Media Browser 2.6.2 both work fine when installed on the same PC, (except for some xml tag naming incompatibilities that aren't a theme issue) so I run both to get the best of both worlds. If you can do for Theater what you did for Media Browser I'd be happy to pay for it again. And thanks for the old themes, many of us are still enjoying them.

throgmorton

If you can do for Theater what you did for Media Browser I'd be happy to pay for it again. And thanks for the old themes, many of us are still enjoying them.

That's the goal anyways, I'm unsure of what can be done exactly under Emby Theater, Luke's blog makes it sound easy, but if you look at the time line it took for me to get to Destiny, it was a few years.  At least now I have a clear focus on how I want the layouts to look, while under MB I was constantly tweaking and adjusting.  I'm glad the old themes are still working for you as they have been for me without issues for these past years I've been away.

html is dramatically easier than mcml though, so that is a big difference maker. plus, even though your theme will work for the windows app, you can do all your development with a browser, so no more compile -> restart wmc -> load up mb2. now it's just change something, refresh page. Hopefully that information will entice you to just aim for compatibility with resurrecting your old themes, and possibly leave new feature development to the new platform.

throgmorton

html is dramatically easier than mcml though, so that is a big difference maker. plus, even though your theme will work for the windows app, you can do all your development with a browser, so no more compile -> restart wmc -> load up mb2. now it's just change something, refresh page. Hopefully that information will entice you to just aim for compatibility with resurrecting your old themes, and possibly leave new feature development to the new platform.

I don't disagree although once you've learned MCML its not so bad anymore...  And I have coded a little bit in HTML so understanding the code should be simpler, its more the interaction with core I guess, things like does each folder still have it display preferences so I can have different views for each folder, calling/storing variables from/to custom cache, creating local files for fonts/sounds/backdrops/SQLDBs, etc...  Just dev things like that, I figure actually making the layouts will be relatively straight forward its all the behind the scenes stuff that I'm still unsure how things will play out.  I guess things for me to discover down the road....

throgmorton

So just another quick update.... Ebr has shown me how to upload the DLLs so I should be able to get things online tonight for you guys to be able to test out.  From some independent testing there was some speed issue with large collections related to actors that has now been fixed, but there still may be some other old legacy MB2 code which has the same issue buried throughout the code.  So if you guys notice any long stalls in the program just let me know about them as its probably old code causing issues, and I should be able to replace it with the proper Emby calls.  Other than some minor metadata issues (differences between MB2 and Emby, please point them out to me if you notice them) you should theoretically have all the same features and options in my themes in Emby for WMC as you would in MB2.

• Like 3

MrWebsmith

Awesome throg..when u release them I will def give them all a whirl.. thanks

rms8

Where/how do I get them?  I looked in the Plugin section of configuration in Emby and they're not there.

Where/how do I get them?  I looked in the Plugin section of configuration in Emby and they're not there.

Did you select MB Classic (I guess we should rename that) in the drop down list at the top of the catalog page?

Or, just open the catalog in EMC itself...

throgmorton

I had to restart my emby serevr to have them show up, I don't know how often it checks to see if new things are in the catalog.

rms8

Ok, I restarted my server and they are now showing up in the catalog.  TY.

I installed Maelstrom.  Appears just as I remember it.

Throg, 2 questions....

1 - will you be offering any packages like before?

2 - will you make an option to enable an "End Time" to be displayed in all the views?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

throgmorton

Ok, I restarted my server and they are now showing up in the catalog. TY.

I installed Maelstrom. Appears just as I remember it.

Throg, 2 questions....

1 - will you be offering any packages like before?

2 - will you make an option to enable an "End Time" to be displayed in all the views?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad it works!

I didn't see a way how to do them exactly. I would probably need to discuss with @@ebr on how to do them.

I haven't decided about end time as of now I've marked it down on my list of possible additions.

The next little while I just want to resolve any bugs or issues as a result of the migration of code to Emby. So if you see anything odd with metadata or thugs not behaving as they should let me know.

rms8

.... So if you see anything odd with metadata or thugs not behaving as they should let me know.

Will do.

Thugs never do behave as they should... ;)

Sorry, there is no bundle capability in this system.  We just never had enough demand for it to implement.

• Like 1

rms8

This may not be a bug as I don't recall using MB to manage my music way back when....but I am now on Emby.

Anyway, I am using Maelstrom.  I go into My Music and select an Album.  When I am in that album, there is no means of playing any of the tracks individually.  My only option is to "Play" which plays the whole album from the beginning.

throgmorton

This may not be a bug as I don't recall using MB to manage my music way back when....but I am now on Emby.

Anyway, I am using Maelstrom.  I go into My Music and select an Album.  When I am in that album, there is no means of playing any of the tracks individually.  My only option is to "Play" which plays the whole album from the beginning.

I never tested music although most of the MCML didn't need to change so how I'd be surprised if it behaved differently unless something changed on how music is handled in Emby.  I will see if I can setup some test music to see how things are working.  Did you try using the context menu * key to see what options are available?

Thanks for new themes.

Well there actually old ;)

rms8

I never tested music although most of the MCML didn't need to change so how I'd be surprised if it behaved differently unless something changed on how music is handled in Emby.  I will see if I can setup some test music to see how things are working.  Did you try using the context menu * key to see what options are available?

Well there actually old ;)

It appears as if your themes (at least Maelstrom) are handling music the same as if it were a movie.  The screen has all the same options as if the CD were actually a movie.  This is what my eye is telling me anyway.

Also, there is a new feature with Emby, but one we use a lot.  When you select a movie, you now have another Play option named "Quick Play" just under the Play button.  With Quick Play it jumps straight into the movie.  When you select Play, it will play any "extras" you have for it like in my case I have INTROS which actually start before each movie.  If I select Quick Play, then it skips the intros and goes straight to the movie.  The intros are neat, but get old for the family after a while.  But when we have company, the Intros are pretty neat and just icing on the cake.

throgmorton

I'm wondering if I tied it into the way you play... For instance if you press the select button when on the play icon it does the normal play. But if you press the play button on the remote maybe it does quick play. Honestly I don't remember if I did something like that but I do remember something along the lines of quick play a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if I tied it into the way you play... For instance if you press the select button when on the play icon it does the normal play. But if you press the play button on the remote maybe it does quick play. Honestly I don't remember if I did something like that but I do remember something along the lines of quick play a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way this works in the default theme is if you use the play button on your remote from a list of items it skips the intros.  If you actually select the play button on a detail screen it plays them.

This probably works out of the box in your themes as well...

rms8

The way this works in the default theme is if you use the play button on your remote from a list of items it skips the intros.  If you actually select the play button on a detail screen it plays them.

This probably works out of the box in your themes as well...

When viewing the details view in Maelstrom, there is no optional Quick Play to skip the Intros like there is in the other themes.

MrWebsmith

Throg,

any plans/thoughts yet on possibly reduce the price or working with Ebr to pass-through the licenses a bit at all?  those who bought some/all of them for mb2.x  maybe get a discount on repurchasing for emby.... 

just wondering if you thought about that yet

throgmorton

When viewing the details view in Maelstrom, there is no optional Quick Play to skip the Intros like there is in the other themes.

Not on screen but maybe if you simply press the play button on your remote, I may have tied it to quick play.