Throgsoft Themes for WMC

throgmorton

My DOS scripting skills aren't that great but I'm sure you can find a script to recursively go through the folders and rename thumb.jpg to folder.jpg.

The amount of screen real estate devoted to icons is dependent on theme.  Typically I tend to allow a height of like 50-60px so when I'm downloading studio icons I tend to make sure they try to fit that.  I also stick to them being white with transparent background so they go together with all the themes and so color filters can be overlaid for skinning purposes.

"...I also stick to them being white with transparent background so they go together with all the themes and so color filters can be overlaid for skinning purposes."

So did you actually look for every icon independently ?? 

throgmorton

There was a lot of manual work and originally I started with a bulk download package and have slowly overtime updated the studios. My main focus was on TV series so all those are good and most major movie studios. But when I see a logo that's odd or out of place when I'm scrolling through my collection I tend to update it usually by doing a quick google search on images and grab one which works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a lot of manual work and originally I started with a bulk download package and have slowly overtime updated the studios. My main focus was on TV series so all those are good and most major movie studios. But when I see a logo that's odd or out of place when I'm scrolling through my collection I tend to update it usually by doing a quick google search on images and grab one which works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used powershell to rename them all to folder.jpg.

Regarding studio icons I did something similar. After going through all my content I selected icons that are maybe not representative of what you see at the beginning of a show / film but that show up nicely. MGM comes to mind the golden, yellow part does not show up nicely so, a quick google for pictures - advance for MGM logo png returned a black logo with transparent background a quick Photoshop with color overlay of white turned this into an acceptable studio icon. Photoshop is a must here whether it is overlaying in white or lightening the color bars in the Arrow logo. It is a time consuming venture. I have just a few of my movies left in the last library Movies g-PG13.