Stop autostart of server

Guest petwri

Guest petwri

Hi there,

I went through the service scripts for the emby-server service, both on the systemd and the /etc/init side, but I haven't found any option where to disable the emby-server service completely, because I want to start my own emby-server instance manually without any need for a service. Other services have an "FOO_ENABLE=0" or something similar in an /etc/service.conf file, is there such an option for emby?

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
TheBrainninja

I also would like to know this, as I recently had to do work on my filesystem and thought I'd be okay stopping the Emby service...but it apparently started in the background and scanned my unmounted library, removing all the metadata customization I'd done. That's a REAL big problem for me, as very few of my videos auto-identify and I have to manually attach them to IMDB pages.

Thanks

I also would like to know this, as I recently had to do work on my filesystem and thought I'd be okay stopping the Emby service...but it apparently started in the background and scanned my unmounted library, removing all the metadata customization I'd done. That's a REAL big problem for me, as very few of my videos auto-identify and I have to manually attach them to IMDB pages.

Thanks

Hi, why not open a new topic with some specific examples of videos that don't identify? thanks.

gsnerf

There is no need to adapt the init script to disable the autostart, Just tell systemd (or whatever init system you use) to not execute the service:

systemd:

systemctl disable emby-server

openrc:

rc-update del emby-server default

and so on. Almost every init system has a way to do such a thing without touching the scripts themselves.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...