Philips TV not appearing in the device list and no DLNA access

josch.hh

josch.hh

Just tested, still not working for Phillips.

As mentonion, even worse since some releases Emby is not apprearing on Phillips list of DLNA server, as it did before.

josch.hh

If you could try the latest beta or dev build that would be helpful, thanks.

I used the beta that was latest the time i wrote my last comment.

Can you point me to the latest commit in git which should make the change?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Since a lot has changed internally I would be curious to see an Emby server log. Just make sure to enable debug logging under Logs.

josch.hh

Since a lot has changed internally I would be curious to see an Emby server log. Just make sure to enable debug logging under Logs.

I used 3.1.206.0 beta.

Debug log attached.

1. I started emby
  2. Turned on the TV
  3. Used the TV to open the list of DLNA servers
  4. Found emby (at least it is again visible in the list of servers on the TV)
  5. Try to browse the content of emby from the TV ->>> SAME issue like always... TV shows the wait cursor forever but no content AND the Philips TV does not appear in the list of client devices in emby like before.

From this side no improvement.

Hope the log help

server-63613811816.txt

Edited by josch.hh

josch.hh

Thanks. I see an error in that log I can fix.

And is it maybe linked to the dlna issue?

Will it help to have the TV appear in the device list of emby?

Happy2Play

You can see that in a less than a minute test, really?  Hell it takes My Samsung C series a couple minutes to be seen by Emby.

2016-11-04 18:02:04.4349 Info Main: Emby
2016-11-04 18:02:59.8226 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 6ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Shutdown

josch.hh

You can see that in a less than a minute test, really?  Hell it takes My Samsung C series a couple minutes to be seen by Emby.

2016-11-04 18:02:04.4349 Info Main: Emby
2016-11-04 18:02:59.8226 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 6ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Shutdown

Samsung C is quite old ;-)

... and my new Philips is really quit -> hex core CPU

Anyhow i waited long enough to let emby respond

No change.

Attached debug log with DLNA debugging turned on as well.

Thanks. The errors are gone and I can confirm the Philps is seeing Emby server and sending a browse request. And I can also confirm we are responding with data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><u:BrowseResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1"><Result><DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><container restricted="0" searchable="1" childCount="2" id="9f2f3bc30fa09e72d898f15d41242e73" parentID="e9d5075a555c1cbc394eec4cef295274"><dc:title>Folders</dc:title><upnp:class>object.container.storageFolder</upnp:class></container><container restricted="0" searchable="1" childCount="11" id="f1ffda17fff72a19997ec7e667bb8d3c" parentID="e9d5075a555c1cbc394eec4cef295274"><dc:title>Home videos &amp; photos</dc:title><upnp:class>object.container.storageFolder</upnp:class></container></DIDL-Lite></Result><NumberReturned>2</NumberReturned><TotalMatches>2</TotalMatches><UpdateID>2342</UpdateID></u:BrowseResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Why the communication stops after this point I am not quite sure.

josch.hh

Thanks for checking, but plz trust me it is really working with any other DLNA server

What else can i do to support get emby running?

Maybe we can start to figure out why the Philips TV does not appear in the emby device list... ok for you?

Edited by josch.hh

• 2 weeks later...
josch.hh

Proposal update:

Maybe you can send me a debug version with of emby extra logging to figure out why the Philips TV doesn't appear in the client device list.

What do you think?

josch.hh

In the latest beta server does Phillips appear in the emby device list?

At least up to and including beta 3.1.206.0 it was never working -> please check my old posts.

But has anything changed concerning this since beta 3.1.206.0?

josch.hh

Yes quite a bit actually.

Tried 3.1.226.0 beta -> not working

Still no Philips TV in the client device list.

What about my propose of extra logging and debugging this?

• 2 weeks later...
josch.hh

What information?

For debugging the behaviour of emby with the Philips TV to figure out why the TV isn't in the client list and way the TV can't browse embys content

josch.hh

Please try 3.1.246 beta. Thanks !

Tried it, but the still the same issue.

The TV is not in the client list and i am not able to browse the content of the emby dlna server from the client TV.

I enabled all debug logging in the general log section as well as the debug logging of the dlna part.

log attached

server-63616565175.txt

Edited by josch.hh