Philips TV not appearing in the device list and no DLNA access

josch.hh

Yes there is a lot of improvement in the stable release, for the play to feature. that's where the changes were made.

josch.hh

Yes there is a lot of improvement in the stable release, for the play to feature. that's where the changes were made.

and i would love to the the "play to" feature with dlna as well, but ...

please at least indicate me if you have the intention to get the dlna running with Philips tv's?

Edited by josch.hh

Yes certainly, it's just going to take a little time because i do not have a philips available for testing.

josch.hh

Yes certainly, it's just going to take a little time because i do not have a philips available for testing.

thanks, love to hear that ;-)

just tell me what I should do for you and I will!

AgileHumor

@@Luke, I'm quite sure nothing is showing up on the log for my Sharp TV (like some philips and LG's) are not producing whatever pattern is looking for.    Could you point me to a link to the code that parses UPNP.  My guess is this breed of TV's are getting filtered out.

@@josch.hh, what does the SSDP UPNP DISCOVERY packet (unsolicited broadcast) that the Philips TV sends out (propbably every 15-60 seconds).  This is not you connecting the to the TV, but in broadcasting out.

Edited by AgileHumor

@@Luke, I'm quite sure nothing is showing up on the log for my Sharp TV (like some philips and LG's) are not producing whatever pattern is looking for.    Could you point me to a link to the code that parses UPNP.  My guess is this breed of TV's are getting filtered out.

@@josch.hh, what does the SSDP UPNP DISCOVERY packet (unsolicited broadcast) that the Philips TV sends out (propbably every 15-60 seconds).  This is not you connecting the to the TV anyway. 

look for DeviceDiscovery

josch.hh

@@josch.hh, what does the SSDP UPNP DISCOVERY packet (unsolicited broadcast) that the Philips TV sends out (propbably every 15-60 seconds).  This is not you connecting the to the TV, but in broadcasting out.

Thanks for being interested to solve the issue.

Attached the Wireshark protocol of the broadcast.

Is it that what you were looking for?

broadcast.zip

Edited by josch.hh

siddhartha

Have you tried creating a DLNA profile for your TV yet? You can try this one I just created. Drop it under config/dlna/user. Also, set Blast Alive Messages under Manage ServerDLNA. Client discovery interval should be 90 and Alive message interval should be 30.

Philips TV.xml

josch.hh

Have you tried creating a DLNA profile for your TV yet? You can try this one I just created. Drop it under config/dlna/user. Also, set Blast Alive Messages under Manage ServerDLNA. Client discovery interval should be 90 and Alive message interval should be 30.

yes I did, but it doesn't help if emby is simply not able to detect my tv and so it also can't apply the profile.

AgileHumor

Thanks @@josch.hh

It is pushing out SSDP packet quite frequently:

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
MX: 15
ST: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1

and

M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900
MAN: "ssdp:discover"
MX: 15
ST: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1

I haven't been able to find any search results for DeviceDiscovery on GitHub repository suggested by @@Luke, so I'm stuck until I know where the SSDP packets are parsed in the code.

AgileHumor

Well, if you go up one level in Github to the root and search you get ...so your assertation was wrong :P  That's why I asked for the link...but most of the time you would have been right...

Never knew that about GitHub (and wouldn't know the right project if I did).

There is a lot of 'forks' in the road to get to the right project on GH.   I'll take a look when I'm more motivated.

• Like 1

josch.hh

Hi Luke,

does your comment in the other thread mean that there will be no solution for the Philips TV's as you can't identify the problem from the wireshark files i posted?

A short feedback would be nice, to give me the chance to look for an alternative for emby and to not spend more time in something that will not work.

I promise i will stop posting any issues and not bother you again.

Thanks in advance.

No, of course there will be a solution. It just means that as of now I don't know the answer and could use a little help from someone who has a device that is exhibiting the same problem.

josch.hh

No, of course there will be a solution. It just means that as of now I don't know the answer and could use a little help from someone who has a device that is exhibiting the same problem.

Would the output explained here be helpfull?

Well i thought the issue was content not showing up, not playback, right?

Psycnotics

Hi,

i have buy today a Philips 48pus7600/12 (with Androide) same issue here.... 

my Old TV was a Philips 42pfk7509/12 and there all woks fine.

If i can help Testing, i´m up.

Greats Martin

• 2 weeks later...
josch.hh

I have install Plex to do a Test. With Plex is working.....

yes, it looks like it is worked with every other software but not with emby.

josch.hh

I have install Plex to do a Test. With Plex is working.....

I installed Plex too and it is working well.

Surely the Plex developer had serval Philips TV's for testing and many guys from community who also own Philips TV's.

josch.hh

Ok, finally giving up.

Dont think this issue will be solved even this year.

Uninstalled emby and useing Serviio.

Topic closed.

If it helps, I have an additional set for testing now, it's not a Philips, but an LG. So anytime an issue is fixed for the LG there is a chance that it will help other devices as well.