Philips TV not appearing in the device list and no DLNA access

josch.hh

Not yet unfortunately as I haven't been able to personally test on a Phillips. We do have an Android TV app though.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I wanted to know if you found a solution for the Philips Smart TV?

If not, I'm ready to test some things if you tell me what to do.

Hi,

I wanted to know if you found a solution for the Philips Smart TV?

If not, I'm ready to test some things if you tell me what to do.

We haven't been able to personally test on a Philips ourselves, so it's hard to say. Recent releases have made fixes for other devices though, so there's always a chance it will help with Philips too. You may want to try the 4.3 beta. Thanks.

We haven't been able to personally test on a Philips ourselves, so it's hard to say. Recent releases have made fixes for other devices though, so there's always a chance it will help with Philips too. You may want to try the 4.3 beta. Thanks.

Well, I've just tested it: I see my server listed on the DLNA devices now but when I enter, it freeses my TV (I can't even turn it off). The model is 58PSU6203.

It hasn't Android TV. 

I used the 4.3.0.18 beta

EDIT: I tested again and It worked!!!

I'll try tomorrow just to be sure...

Edited by aldoemby

Ok thanks for testing.

I tested again this morning. What I did:

- I turn the TV on

- Go to Network

- I see my Emby DLNA (good!)

- I go inside: the TV freezes

:(

I tested twice and came with the same result.

Edited by aldoemby

Hi,

I went back to the 4.2.1.0:

I don't know if it could be a lead but when I selected "Blast alive messages", Emby appears on my smart tv.

It still freeze my tv when I select it.

I even saw in the log that emby create a profile with the friendly name of my tv.
It may be a profile problem finally.

What do you think ?

Happy2Play

I would think the profile would only affect playback, but I could be wrong.

What happens if you try the profile in post 33?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34597-philips-tv-not-appearing-in-the-device-list-and-no-dlna-access/?p=332454

Can you post a server log after trying that profile.

I would think the profile would only affect playback, but I could be wrong.

What happens if you try the profile in post 33?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/34597-philips-tv-not-appearing-in-the-device-list-and-no-dlna-access/?p=332454

Can you post a server log after trying that profile.

Hello,

The problem remains the same.

Here is my log file.

embyserver.txt

Edited by aldoemby

Happy2Play

The Philips TV profiles is not used at all do to different user-agents.

2019-11-05 08:06:10.886 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.11.47:8096/dlna/25a30dc01ea34102906b7941a59ef620/description.xml. UserAgent: IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
2019-11-05 08:06:10.921 Debug Dlna: No matching device profile found. HOST=192.168.11.47:8096, DATE=Tue, 05 Nov 2019 07:06:09 GMT, CONNECTION=Keep-Alive, USER-AGENT=IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

Can you go to DLNA-Profiles and select the Philips TV custom profile.  Scroll down and expand Identification, then go to HTTP Headers and add another.

Name: User-Agent

Value: IPI

Match type: Substring

Cilck OK then save.

Don't think you need to but restart Emby.

Does that make any difference.  Post another server log.

The Philips TV profiles is not used at all do to different user-agents.

2019-11-05 08:06:10.886 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.11.47:8096/dlna/25a30dc01ea34102906b7941a59ef620/description.xml. UserAgent: IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
2019-11-05 08:06:10.921 Debug Dlna: No matching device profile found. HOST=192.168.11.47:8096, DATE=Tue, 05 Nov 2019 07:06:09 GMT, CONNECTION=Keep-Alive, USER-AGENT=IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50

Can you go to DLNA-Profiles and select the Philips TV custom profile.  Scroll down and expand Identification, then go to HTTP Headers and add another.

Name: User-Agent

Value: IPI

Match type: Substring

Cilck OK then save.

Don't think you need to but restart Emby.

Does that make any difference.  Post another server log.

I did what you asked me to do: the profile is used but Emby still freezes my TV.

I don't know if it helps but Plex DLNA and OMV MiniDLNA works too.

embyserver.txt

josch.hh

I guess you realized that emby is the only so call server with dlna function which is not working with philips and i think also not with other android tvs.

Other tvs only run by trail and error coding. Lukes argument is that he needs to physically own such a tv to record the traffic and to customize emby to be able to talk to such tvs.

Mega lol. 

Please read all the posting in this thread and you will see. ;-)

Use any other DLNA server -> because ALL others are working, even the intel upnp toolkit!

The most funny think is that Luke simply ignores that fact that emby is NOT upnp/dlna compatible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

First of all, you need to know that I wanted the device I took for few things.

I've found a plan B: I bought a Nvidia Shield TV.

Emby works very good on it. Except sometimes I have to run it twice because the first time I get a black screen.

I use MX Player with it cause when Emby detects that the codec doen't exist, it has to transcode but my server is not powerful enough for that so the video freezes all the time. But the Shield works fine with MX (I think that it's an Emby player problem that should work as MX Player).

It's sad to use a plan B for something I paid but I didn't find another way...

• 10 months later...
Techie-v2

Hi,

Just to update, have just got a philips 50PUS8555 and I am experiencing the constant loading symbol. The emby server is showing in the device list but when selecting it I just get the loading wheel and nothing else.

Emby version 4.5.2.0

Happy to do some testing.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Techie-v2 said:

Hi,

Just to update, have just got a philips 50PUS8555 and I am experiencing the constant loading symbol. The emby server is showing in the device list but when selecting it I just get the loading wheel and nothing else.

Emby version 4.5.2.0

Happy to do some testing.

Thanks

Hi, it could be related to certain content.

You could try setting up a test emby server with only one library using content type home videos, and have this library contain only a single mp4 video file. See if it works with something basic like that. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi, would you mind trying Emby Server 4.6+ (as of today in  beta), combined with the 1.0.45 Dlna plugin update(or greater)?

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 9 months later...
Techie-v2
On 13/02/2021 at 22:06, Luke said:

Hi, would you mind trying Emby Server 4.6+ (as of today in  beta), combined with the 1.0.45 Dlna plugin update(or greater)?

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Hi,

Have just tried again on version 4.6.7.0 with dlna version 1.0.69.0 and it still doesn't work for me.

My Emby Server shows up in the list of available sources when I browse media on the TV but I still just get a spinning loading wheel when I select it. Dlna works fine on my LG TV just not the Phillip's one.

Happy to provide logs if needed.

Thanks for looking into this.

20 hours ago, Techie-v2 said:

Hi,

Have just tried again on version 4.6.7.0 with dlna version 1.0.69.0 and it still doesn't work for me.

My Emby Server shows up in the list of available sources when I browse media on the TV but I still just get a spinning loading wheel when I select it. Dlna works fine on my LG TV just not the Phillip's one.

Happy to provide logs if needed.

Thanks for looking into this.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do that? Thanks.

• 11 months later...
Techie-v2

Hi,

So to revive a year old post. Tried again yesterday after updating to lasted version and still no joy. Log file attached. Let me know if you spot anything or need anything else?

Thanks

embyserver.txt

Techie-v2

Yeah as stated before, the server comes up in the list of sources, but just a spinning loading wheel.......as attached

Before you turn emby on, the option on the tv is called "Simply Share" -don't know if that's just what philips called their dlna access option

Thanks

20221106_190931.jpg

• Thanks 1