Emby shows as 'Not Available'

bslater

bslater
I am facing an issue where launching Emby from the Smart Hub on my Samsung UA55F8000AM LED TV is returning a 'NOT AVAILABLE' dialog.

Emby had been working flawlessly for the previous months both in the beta and release versions. The only element that I can point at changing is the firmware of the TV being updated to 1126.

I have reset both the TV and SmartHub to factory defaults and followed the install instructions. The installation completes with no errors, and I am able to launch Emby and view/play media without any issues. Upon exiting SmartHub, and powering off the TV, all subsequent attempts to launch Emby return the 'NOT AVAILABLE' issue. If I reinstall again without a reset I am able to launch once again.

Has anyone else seen this issue or know steps to assist diagnosing the issue?

FrostByte

Are you changing any settings once you get in the first time?  If so maybe try leaving everything alone (including autologon false) and then try.  If you can get in then maybe try to pinpoint the setting which may be causing the problem. 

Also, since you've had both beta and release ensure you aren't using an old shortcut which is pointing to the wrong server

bslater

Thank you for the response.

When reinstallign the client I am not altering any setting beyond specifying the EMBY Server address.

I also attempted to install and run the client and once verifying that it was all working:

- delete the application via SmartHub

- Power Off and On the TV

- log back in with the develop account

- reinstall EMBY

- start EMBY and specify the EMBY server details

- verify that the client plays media.

- exit out of EMBY, SmartHub and power off the TV

- power on the TV and launch Emby from SmartHub

I am able to get the same "Not Available" error.

It seems as though the local install is not being persisted?

FrostByte

Well, I'm kind of stuck now.  I assume you're installing version 2.1.3 from IP address 173.230.139.54 using the instructions from the pinned post? 

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/?p=277345

The only thing similar I can think of is when people run the app from usb (side-load) it doesn't actually install to the tv and they must load it from the usb again after powering off/on their tv.  It doesn't seem to be fully installing it on the tv itself like you said

Are you able to save any settings when you first load the app? 

You could check the log within the app for any errors, though it probably doesn't log the information we would need for this

bslater

Thank you again for the prompt support and feedback.

I tried a number of different alternatives, including side-loading the app, but every attempt resulted in either being unable to install, or Emby working for the initial install and subsequent restarts after powering off the TV giving the same 'Not Available' error.

My last resort was to Factory Reset the TV using the following steps:

1. Power off the TV into stand-up

2. Using the remote, press the following buttons in the exact order: INFO - MENU - MUTE - POWER

3. After the TV switches on, is should display the Service Menu.

4. Select the Options button on screen

5. Select the Factory Reset button on screen

6. The TV powers off.

7. Power back on and reset and reinstall Emby as per the default instructions.

So far all looks to be working without the 'Not Available' issue arising. I've not changed any of the default settings other than specifying the server address.

Details of the factory reset were obtained from http://www.eyeondemand.com/2014/04/04/how-to-full-factory-reset-of-samsung-tv/ should others need them

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
adrian1876

Thank you for the response.

When reinstallign the client I am not altering any setting beyond specifying the EMBY Server address.

I also attempted to install and run the client and once verifying that it was all working:

- delete the application via SmartHub

- Power Off and On the TV

- log back in with the develop account

- reinstall EMBY

- start EMBY and specify the EMBY server details

- verify that the client plays media.

- exit out of EMBY, SmartHub and power off the TV

- power on the TV and launch Emby from SmartHub

I am able to get the same "Not Available" error.

It seems as though the local install is not being persisted?

what are EMBY server details???

@@adrian1876, it tells the app how to connect to your Emby Server. Does this answer your question? If not, can you please be more specific about where you are stuck? Thanks !

• 6 months later...